Thursday, August 1, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #647 and the Group of Seven

My friend Karren is the host and Sketch designer at Freshly Made Sketches #647!  She says that she has gone back to her card-making-roots with a 'color-blocked' sketch and card!  Man, did she open a can of worms in my craft space.. and I mean that in the best of ways!


You may remember that I 'inherited' a load of craft supplies from my cousin early this year.  There were many pads of 12x12 inch paper pads.  I haven't been able to find a home for them yet - but when I saw this Christmas collection that included pink I knew they were right at home all along...


I spent hours yesterday and a bit of time this morning creating
a baker's dozen Christmas cards for my seniors!  Don't you agree the
ladies will love these colors?  I'll go back to drawing board for the gentlemen!

I used Karren's Sketch for inspiration for this group:


... and 'flipped' the Sketch for this one which I will add to the FMS #647 gallery!


I reached for a few of my favorite, but no longer available sets
from Wplus9 for a few sentiments and ribbons and bows!

The wonderful ladies from The Group of Seven Cardmakers gave me 
all the inspiration I needed to use even more of those papers.
Darnell named their technique this month Kaleidoscope which is a
fantastic way to describe the method of 'cut and paste.'  Be sure to 
check out their fabulous cards HERE.  And now my own Kaleidoscope card:




There are MANY more strips of paper where these came from - I might go back for more!  Hope you're getting ahead on your Christmas cards.  Who says Christmas in August isn't a thing? lol
=] Michele

20 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my gosh Michele...you sure have been busy and in the absolute best way! These cards with all that yummy pink will be so wonderful for all the seniors at Christmas time! Love how you incorporated the Kaleidoscope technique too...I really like the one diagonal one!! You sure have made great use out of that paper pad and I'm loving them all! Well done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

Well, you have come up trumps with those papers. All of these card look great. You are right about the colours and I am glad you have added substantially to your Christmas card stash xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those are some serious awesome papers. That sketch was meant for all these cards! Excellent creations 😊

LeAnne said...

WOW WOW WOW! These are stunning! Those papers are just divine...how lucky were you to "inherit" them! Looking forward to seeing one of them in my mailbox this December!! ALL those patterns, prints & colors are beautiful!

lostinpaper said...

I'll bet that hasn't even made a dent in this beautiful paper pad, but you have made it shine. Can't wait to see the 'men's' version!

donna mikasa said...

Isn't that FMS sketch a throwback to our CTS days? I love your paper collection and the cards with the touches of pink are so very sweet. And he kaleidoscope card is my fave--like a warm, cozy quilt!

Jeanne said...

Wow, wow, Wow! You did an outstanding job with the papers! These cards are sure to delight the recipients. They are so pretty and Christmas-y! The sketch was perfect for these papers and you the best person to get them showcased. Thanks so much for sharing!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fantastic bunch of cards!!! I love the sketch and I so love what you did with it - all of it! I have to check out this kaleidoscope thing, but I get the drift. I and 400 pounds of patterned paper. Maybe I will get some if it out and follow your lead!

Nance said...

Shut the front door! WOW! Fabulous paper piecing. I can see why you kept that particular pack of paper. Fabulous results of your hours of crafting.

Bonnie said...

You have worked your magic with this paper, Michele! What a bevy of beautiful Christmas cards! I love how you placed your kaleidoscope strips in different directions. Extra interest!

JoAnn said...

Fabulous array of cards Michele. You have been a busy lady and getting all these done for Christmas is a bonus. Love all the pinks and the designs. I know the ladies will love them. Can't wait to see what you do for the men. That was a very nice gift you received with this paper pad. Love your kaleidoscope card and the one with the sketch from FMS Thanks for sharing them.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you have been a busy elf! I am
Loving all the pink in these holiday cards! Beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

You put those papers to perfect use, Michele! Yes, those senior ladies are going to love their pretty cards!

TK said...

Wow! A bevvie of beautiful cards, Michele. I love the layout, the pretty patterned papers and especially your cut & paste kaleidoscope

Loll said...

You've made the best use from that lovely Christmas paper Michele!! All your cards are beautiful! Great jumping off from the lovely sketch by Karren. Thanks for sharing your card using the Kaleidoscope technique with us at Group of Seven. xx

Birgit said...

You certainly put this lovely paper pack to good use, Michele! The seniors will be delighted, no doubt. A wonderful collection of "Pretty" here!

Bobby said...

A lovely pad of paper and a great sketch are all you need to put together some fantastic cards and you did them up beautifully, Michele. Way to go getting ahead of the Christmas card rush.

Cat Craig said...

Great use of the papers for this sketch. So many pretty cards.

Julia Aston said...

Wow, what beautiful papers you used on all of these gorgeous cards Michele! I just love pastel colors for Christmas. Thanks for sharing with us at GO7 with the kaleidescope technique! Julia xx

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, the things you can do with paper! Gorgeous!