Wednesday, August 14, 2024

A post for three seasons!

I have a bit of a mashup for you today - three seasons are represented ... let's start with Summer as I'm just not willing to let it go quite yet!  

Marcia's lovely PFS Honeysuckles got 'pressed' again before they have to go 'home'... and before I even think about investing in the liquid watercolor inks from Pinkfresh, I decided I should try water coloring with their inks...


Not only did they perform well, but I was also even able to mix them for 
the green I was looking for!

Here's a tip: use your press plates to dry emboss - 
HOWEVER, cut first, then press!
This gorgeous detail on yellow was completely destroyed when cutting it using 
the PFS Framed Floral Arch die.


  So, for my next arch I used the lesson I had learned the hard way!


The mid-sized arch die was cut then debossed with my 
PFS Ornate Medallions cover plate.
The smallest of the arch dies was cut again from white and a lovely
sentiment from PFS Detail Leaf set was stamped in black.
A sprinkle of PFS Jewels and my card is complete!
Thanks again, Marcia, for sharing your wonderful kit with me!
I'll share this one with my friends at Four Seasons- Summer:


It's nearly the season of BOOS... here's another Halloween card made with some seriously old supplies in my stash... Altenew Alphas and MFT's Trick or Treat!


I split the sentiment by masking and added the ? with a marker.

Then it's back to Christmas in August!  First up a little 'kraft-y' mini slimline card...


Then an afternoon's batch of Gina K Precious Poinsettias!
I stamped the layers and used a finger-dauber to add a little 
shadow to the center of all of these - except for the first...


...that first? My favorite: Copic colored - but it's hard to color as many as I need!


Quite the 'potpourri' of cards, right?  This is how my crafty days have been lately - I think it's just too pretty outside to be inside for long!  I'm really missing shopping, too!

Thanks for spending a bit of your time with me!
=] Michele

14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

wow WHAT A BONANZA OF CARDS! All are lovely.

Bobby said...

I can't seem to get in the mood to make one card and here you are rolling them out, Michele. The poinsettias are gorgeous in any color and the PFS flowers are so pretty with the arches.

JoAnn said...

Wow, you have been a busy lady making this group of lovely cards. The poinsettia cards are my favorite. Love that stamp set.

Lisa Elton said...

Holy guacamole, you've been busy! You've done Marcia's honeysuckle proud, I'm crushing on that arched pressed piece. That little dude looks like he's busting out with a great big BOO, he's so cute! And speaking of cute, I'm loving the folk artsy Christmas card with those darling deer. Your poinsettia favorite is mine too, fabulous coloring!

TK said...

Tremendous group of cards, Michele, no matter the season! Your cards inspire and evoke joy -- I will take all the inspiration I can get!

Birgit said...

What a beautiful collection! They're all wonderful!

Kim S said...

You definitely walked me through the seasons! All are so different and completely wonderful!

Jeanne said...

Outstanding representation of 3 seasons. Your cards are simply wonderful in every way! Thank you for taking the time to share them. Enjoy the rest of your summer season!

Loll said...

Lovely mix of beautiful cards Michele. Especially love your first card with the beautiful vine of flowers and that gorgeous embossed arch. Wow!! It always great to make a variety of card types and styles. xx

Marcia Hill said...

What an awesome post with BEAUTIFUL (and fun!) cards Michele! I'm so glad you're having fun with the PFS plates...that Honeysuckle card is GORGEOUS!! And your BOO card is so FUN...love it! ALL your Christmas cards are wonderful my friend, but I'm with you on the copic colored one...it's a STUNNER!! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

I love how you've layered the arches and each with it's own design! A beautiful way to show off the sweet honeysuckle! Your Halloween card makes me smile with the center image popping out to surprise us! Each poinsettia is so pretty! I love how you've changed up the colors!

Bonnie said...

I forgot about the deer. They are so pretty, I don't know why they slipped my mind!

Nance said...

Wow! You've been busy! What a beautiful compilation of cards! And here I've been slacking in the crafty arena this week. You're giving me lots of inspiration, my friend. Hugs!

Diane said...

WOW, all your cards are so creatively beautiful and the Halloween cardThank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
Diane FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Four Seasons}, NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers},{Word Power}, {Double D}, {Peace On Earth}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Stencil Fun}, {Triple B}, {Simply Clean & Simple} is so fun and fabulous too!!