Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Inspired by Marcia!

On Monday my friend Bonnie inspired me to take another look at my embossing folders - thanks again my friend!  TODAY, I was inspired to make a few Christmas cards based on the incredibly cute cards created by my friend Marcia!  What in the world would I do without you girls?

I have had a self-imposed moratorium on buying for the last month, but when I found this Penny Black trio of carolers on sale it was time to hit the pause button - I've been searching for this Sing Joy set for a very long time, and it looks like I got the last one from Scrapbook.com's clearance section... see! I think it was serendipity!

Are you ready?  You'll see how Marcia influenced my card bases with her lovely, embossed panels... I pushed myself to explore some unusual Copic color combos:


Of course, I HAD TO sneak in a little grey for the guys!


This combo with lavender made my heart sing...


My sentiments were found in several sets - perfect lines from some 
of our favorite Christmas carols are perfect for these little elves!
Yes, you caught me - there is a NEW frame premiering here today:
Penny Black's Classy Frames to be exact.

I took a chance on creating some snowy twilight scenes on my cards today... I'm no Sandy Allnock believe me, but the simpler the better is best for me.

Okay, one more - the gang had to get together for one more song:


My friend Therese suggested we look over our stamp sets for little accents - I found just the right sized stars/snowflakes/musical notes for this little mini-slimline scene!
Thanks, Therese!


Thanks so much to my wonderful, talented friends - and YOU TOO for stopping by today!
=] Michele

18 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, you nailed these, Michele! Each one is as cute as can be, and together...I can hear them singing right now! I love the little gold music notes! How fun!

HilaryJane said...

What a special collection of cards. They are all singing so lustily. It made me smile that they are all showing off their belly buttons despite the snowy weather! Love both your embossed and snowy backgrounds xx

Cat Craig said...

A lovely set of cards, Michele. Its great to have talented friends to inspire one.

Anonymous said...

These could not be any cuter! They are all so beautifully created!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So adorable! Those images are too cute 😊

donna mikasa said...

Oh, those carolers are darling, whether as soloists or choraling in a group. Serendipitous indeed!

Marcia Hill said...

So happy I could inspire you Michele and I have to tell you that these sweet little carolers need to come to my house and play too...they are all absolutely ADORABLE and I can't believe I've never seen them before! All four of these cards are amazing and colored beautifully too! I love the frames and embossed backgrounds too! Where would we be without each other to inspire us?! Sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Linda Callahan said...

Marcia is a good influence on you - the embossed backdrops are wondrful! And oh those carolers are delightful!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful delight this post is. Those carolers just melt my heart. Thank you SO much for sharing!

Birgit said...

These are all just as cute as can be! I love the colors you used. Crafty friends are the best!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These stamps are sooooo sweet (and still available at Frantic Stamper, BTW). I just love the way you used them, the EF's, colors and accents. The last one with all three is super special. Wonderful makes with these sweeties!

Bonnie said...

Each one of these cards makes my heart sing, Michele! My pocketbook is saying thanks that this was the last one available! The colors, embossing and coloring are amazing, my friend!

Loll said...

These are all so adorable, Michele!! I love the carolers and the colours you've used to them. So sweet with the embossed background and with the snowy sky backgrounds. FYI, Penny Black rarely retires their stamps and they are available on-line direct for them if you are ever looking for one in particular again. xx

JoAnn said...

These caroling elves are as cute as can be and you have colored them all so well. Love the backgrounds and colors on each one. The last one with them all together is so adorable.

Lisa Elton said...

Those little sweethearts were meant to come live with you. How cute are they with their little belly buttons peeking out! Darling cards, Michele!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGosh, they're all so adorable! Beautifully colored and designed. So sweet! I love how you topped off the collection with the three of them together.

Bobby said...

I wish I'd known you were looking for those darling carolers, Michele. I've had the set for a while and could have sent you some to color. You've inspired me to get mine out again and make more cards.

Vikki H said...

THese are adorable and Marcia came to mind with them! I love this as my favorite December memories are caroling with my friends.