Sunday, August 4, 2024

Color Throwdown #804

I've put the brakes on my Christmas card making.  Something using purple, orange and yellow caught my eye and totally Speaks Halloween to me!  and just in time for it a few new dies [that I just could not resist] arrived!  


Thanks to Tina Smith for all the inspiration for my card today!  My friends, if you think foil is hard to capture, just try a clear acetate card!  YIKES!


This Bat and Hey, Boo die was cut off the edge of a fold in the purple card and wrapped around clear card base from SSS.  I cut another half from white and trimmed it down for my message inside - for my granddaughter who has always been our 'Boo!'  I won't share my sentiment - just in case! wink.  Another little set of bats joined my little Halloween stash.  Two of the three were attached using black foam squares so it still looks good from the inside!

=] Michele

15 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh yes, acectate, foil ALL the good things are hard to photograph lol. Worth the effort though, the effect looks great!
Maybe Tom might be able to help us with some photography tips!

LeAnne said...

SO cute and clever! "Hey Boo" reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird....Boo Radley! My favorite movie ever! But this use of it is just as fun and I am sure she'll LOVE it!

Lisa Elton said...

I think your Boo is going to love this! What a perfect sentiment for her. CUTE card!

TK said...

Adorable -- she'll love it, I'm sure! I've always wanted to try an acetate card, but I just never came up with an idea, I guess. Fantastic, Michele

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so clever and you're right about acetate. Fun to play with, not so fun to photograph! Bur you did good!

Jeanne said...

Wow! This looks amazing. And your recipient will be sure to love it! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a fun and crafty week.

Bonnie said...

I imagine acetate is hard to photograph! It's hard to catch an invisible image! But your huge, and very scary bat is so perfect for the acetate and the little bats add even more scariness! A great Halloween card, my friend!

Marcia Hill said...

I've been eye-balling that bat die for awhile, but now that I know who has it...yep, another thing I'm going to need to borrow! Absolutely ADORABLE and a tiny bit spooky card Michele, and I'd love to see it in person with the clear acetate! Your "boo" is going to love it and I do too!! Hugs. :0)

Broni said...

Super, super cool! Just awesome, actually! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Color Throwdown this week!

Cat Craig said...

ohhh this is bat-tastic!

donna mikasa said...

Clearly a deserving shout out at CTD! Congrats!!

Bobby said...

Love the idea of an acetate card, Michele, and that bat is meant to be on one. Such a great card!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fabulous idea to use acetate here. I love the way you were inspired by Tina's card. Your Boo will love it!

baileyrosy.com said...

I feel your pain but you did an an amazing job capturing the beauty of this fabulous dynamic card. I just adore those colours

Marie

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun and clever card - she is going to love it!