Thursday, August 8, 2024

Did someone mention strawberries?

I'm in - and had the cutest set that hadn't gotten the love it deserved... thanks Color Throwdown!


This Berry Patch set is from Pigment Craft Co... I sure wish I knew what is happening with that company and its darling owner!  I combined my stamped/die cut berries with a few dies from Pinkfresh Studios and here are my Catherine Pooler inks:



You know my rule - a second card was brewing before the glue was dry!  These primary colors and the bowl from that Berry Patch set called for ice cream:


A fun quote bubble from Altenew says it all: ice cream in ANY flavor is good!
My scoops were created from EH cloud dies - tell me you haven't thought of ice cream
while cloud gazing!


Narelle's stack of squares in her Freshly Made Sketch #648 was all the inspiration I needed to use them on a card!  Sprinkles anyone?  all those little dots from that cover die from The Stamp Market came in handy... here's how I custom-colored them:


My little grip mat came in handy to keep them around while drying! Stickles Diamond Sparkles
was the glue that kept them from melting off the ice cream!


It's been a really strange week here - nothing bad, just not my usual crafty week.  I'm so happy you stopped by today and to have fun challenge inspiration to make cards again!
=] Michele

25 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those are some sweet little berries! You used those colors perfectly, Michele. Your ice-cream clouds have me wanting some vanilla bean ice-cream to go with the oatmeal cookies I made yesterday! What a darling way to fill those bowls!

Vickie Z said...

Love both cards!! The berries and background are sweet and love those bowls of cloud ice cream with sprinkles!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Nance said...

Two super sa-weet cards, Michele! Love your deconstructed basket with the strawberries and those bowls of ice cream look nice and cold and fluffy good.

Karen Day said...

So fun to spot another Pigment Craft Co. strawberry card in this week's challenge!! I'm also a big fan, and hope they return soon. Love the design of your card :-)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love your use of those fresh colors. Things are weird at my house too.

Marcia Hill said...

What's not to love about both of these bright and cheerful cards?!! Your strawberry card looks so yummy, but your ice cream card with the yummy sprinkles wins for me! Sweet, sweet cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

You may think it an off week but these two cards and I strongly disagree! Very cute, Michele, and we're always glad when your creative brain entertains us

donna mikasa said...

That is one berrylicious card but your second helpings of ice cream scoops with recycled sprinkles is GENIUS!!

LeAnne said...

All I can say is YUM! Yum to everything...strawberries, ICE CREAM, and fun little sprinkles! You are one clever little chick!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous cards with some awesome bits!! Thanks so much for sharing how you created those! You are amazing. That is all. Hugs!

Birgit said...

Both cards are delightfully cheerful in these bold colors. Strawberries and ice cream in one visit.... yes please!

Cat Craig said...

wonderful use of the colors Michele...and I hope the weird settles out.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, how fabulous are these? I love the strawberry card with taht wonderful backdrop of yellow and those wonderful hanging berries. The transition for the FMS sketch is just brilliant. LOVE the sprinkles. There's that brain again. I love it!

Loll said...

Two adorable cards using the challenge colours, Michele. xx

Susie Moore said...

Oh my goodness. TWO fantastic cards! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

Judy Iverson said...

Those are really cute cards! Love the strawberries.

lostinpaper said...

And here I was thinking those sprinkles would be edible... alas no, I'll have to go back to my lemon slice and cuppa tea lol. Fabulous cards my friend!

~amy~ said...

oh so sweet, love both projects!
Thank you so much for the GORGEOUS birthday card!!!

Bobby said...

Two scrumptious cards, Michele. Love the idea of cloudy ice cream.

baileyrosy.com said...

Summer summed up in two cards with delightful berries and creamy ice cream which whilst perusing your gorgeous cards I went and helped myself to a large bowl of home made lemon curd ice cream . THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INSPIRATION

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely berries Michele, your card is so yummy. Love the bowls of ice cream on the next card. You always delight me!

Celeste Goff said...

Such beautiful cards!

Amy O said...

These are both adorable! And they feature two of my favorite summertime treats. Though, honestly, I think ice cream is a year-round staple.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so summery and sweet! Love the colors - and your patience and creativity to make all of those dotty toppings!

Bonnie said...

Strawberries and ice cream are fantastic separately and together! I love how you've place the berries in the yellow basket! Your sprinkles make the ice cream even better, my friend! And the stickles give the ice cream a bit of sparkly frostiness!