Friday, August 23, 2024

Just us Girls #741

Hey, my friends!  I have one more post for you today - then let's get on with the weekend, shall we?

My friend Stephanie is the host at Just us Girls this week - I totally dropped the ball last week during my funk!  


It's stencil week and I have TWO beautiful cards today using stencils for coloring the images without the outline stamps! A lovely set from a suite of Pinkfresh products called Garden Roses.


First in those blues that have convinced me to love them!


 Look closely and you'll see I have used
Spellbinder's Nature's Botanical Wreath embossing folder to provide a little lift!
And sentiment from one of their Betterpress sets.


Thanks, Stephanie for the win!!



Next up: some pinks and those scrumptious yellow/curry colors from Pigment Craft Co....


No ink wasting around here - I just spritzed my stencils and press the
leftover inks onto a panel of Bristol card stock.... you can just see it
in the background.  I waited until it dried and then used my favorite debossing plate
to add interest and to mimic the movement of those trailing roses.


That sentiment is just so beautiful - from LDRS Creative - inked with an Altenew ink.



Now. How do I decide which to send to the challenge - I think I'll ask Tom who just got home to start our weekend a little early!

See you in the JUGS #741 gallery - and have a great weekend!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

And even more blue! As much as I love the pink card, I love the blue one even more...those ink pad colors are gorgeous!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards my friend!! Enjoy your weekend!! Hugs. :0)

ElizStewart said...

Michele... your cards are gorgeous! I love that you used the remaining ink on your stencils to create the background. So many elements, a feast for the eyes. As always, thanks for sharing your creativity with Just Us Girls. Have a very crafty weekend... your mojo is in...

Bonnie said...

I really like these flowers using just the stencils! They are so soft and natural looking! The embossing gives the first card a perfect "lift" and the monoprinting makes a perfect background for the second! Love that sentiment!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, fantastic! I could look at these all day, but I'm heading to the kitchen. Always something. Glad I could visit for a minute. Thanks, Michele!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Two beautiful cards! I tried some layering stencils…..pfft. I will persevere! 😊. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Jeanne said...

Happy Sigh. Such beautiful cards. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have the most beautiful collection of inks and you know how to use them. Wow!

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't peeked at the JUGs gallery yet, but I would be happy with seeing either one of these beauties there! Golly, those blues are PRETTY!

HilaryJane said...

Great work with those stencils. I thought I would like the pink one best, but no, it is the blue that shines for me. Beautiful xx

JoAnn said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I am partial to the blue one (my favorite color).

lostinpaper said...

What can I say, an abundance of beauty!

Loll said...

Your cards are so lovely Michele. I love the extra depth with the dry embossed background on your first ... and the design from the dots on your second. Both are beautifully stenciled. xx

donna mikasa said...

Both are stenciled so beautifully and although I'm not a fan of blues, I'm drawn to the first with the delicious embossing! I'm heading to JUGS to see!

Linda Callahan said...

Thse flowers are gorgeous in any color! And I always love how you never waste anything!!

Bobby said...

Whichever one of your beautiful bouquets you sent to the gallery, we're happy you took time to make cards for Just Us Girls, Michele. I love the idea of the stencil backwash and never think to do that.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oooooooo these are both so beautiful. I am so happy you made it to JUGS this week. I love the colors you chose for both, this is one of your special powers! The textures you achieved with the different backgrounds is wonderful too. The mopped up ink with debossing is my fav! FYI, you have made me purchase the LDRS sentiments and dies, thank you very much.

TK said...

Another beauty I missed -- so sorry, but I am definitely missing out!