Thursday, February 22, 2024

Two cards, three challenges!

Hello again, my friends!  I have two cards for you today - one of them fits two challenges!  LOve when that happens!  Another is just for fun using the current Sketch from FMS - sadly, I think it is a little too 'distressed' for a clean and simple challenge... but I love it anyway and thought you might, too.

Peace on Earth Christmas #58 has a wonderful mood board filled with fun red and black plaid - which I totally didn't use!  I zoomed right into one of the pillows in the upper right-hand corner and found a Nativity Scene which reminded me that I hadn't used this set from Unity: Reason for the Season in a very long time.  I just loved the simplicity of it... so the simplicity of my water coloring seemed just the ticket...


The 'star of wonder' was stamped with gold Delicata ink, the
figures in Versafine then they were colored using a few of my CP inks and a water brush.



Thank you, POE!

Since it is a very CAS card, I'm sharing it with my friends at 


I'll share the FMS Sketch that inspired my card panel below - but I went a little crazy after watching Dawn Woleslagle do her magic HERE.  Nobody does it better!  I used a different floral from HoneyBee: Cherry Blossoms.  Then a few of my favorites from Wplus9 to 'age' things.  Here is a closeup...


My cover panel was inked, stamped, aged, and cut into pieces based on this Sketch:

Then I stitched the pieces all back together again!


These are the inks I used for the Cherry Blossoms.  
Pumice Stone, and Ground Espresso inks were used for stamping.


Since I've included blooms and butterflies, it seems a perfect fit for 
second helpings in the Triple B gallery!


These two cards could NOT be any different and I'll go back to the drawing board for FMS - but I have to wonder why I don't challenge myself to this style more often!  What do you think? Do you like it?  Or should I stick to CAS?  Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele

17 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

To answer your question... YES! I love the shabby chic look of your second card. It's so soft and dreamy. I know it takes time, but the results are worth it. At the same time, I love your CAS style with any kind of stamp. Both cards are totally wonderful. I admire all styles when they're done as perfectly as these two cards!

LeAnne said...

Wowza....that FMS card is stunning! AND do I detect actual stitching??? All the elements are just gorgeous and you know how I love my vintage/shabby/eclectic stuff! And your sweet little Nativity scene made me go "Awww"...so cute!

lostinpaper said...

Two very different but both wonderful cards my friend! I must check out what Dawn has been up to, I agree, she is amazing... but so are you!

Cat Craig said...

I'm always afraid of stitching paper on my sewing machine...tension, paper fragments etc. Not that I do much sewing other than straight lines for tote bags or bowl cozies...but I don't want to buy a new machine if I break it...

Your sweet nativity scene is perfect for a soft water color. Like everyone else who looks at that second card...WOW, its in my top two. Even though I generally love the more clean look a good shabby chic card grabs my heart and this one certainly has. well done.

Lisa Elton said...

One CAS and perfectly cute, one layered to perfection and simply marvelous! Love them both, Michele. It's always fun to mix up our style now and again!

Marcia Hill said...

You can definitely do both Michele, and excel at the same time!! Your CAS nativity just couldn't be any sweeter and reminds me that I have that set too and need to use it more often! Your "shabby chic" card is FABULOUS and I love every bit of it! All the stitching, the distressed edges, and even the twine among all the beautiful flowers and leaves! Truly a beautiful, beautiful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Wow, we are treated to two delights in one post today. Lucky us! I adore your simple and sweet watercolored nativity. And your vintage card is also very sweet and elegant. You make whatever makes your heart happy it my thought! Have a happy day!

Bobby said...

Different is right, Michele, and I love them both. I know I went from making cards like your lovely second one to some more CAS and often wonder why. It's great that we can explore all the genres of cardmaking and have so much fun doing it. Cutting and stitching was an inspired way of making the FMS card. I have one ready and am not happy with it but I'll post it anyway.

Darlene said...

OMG ... YOU GO GIRL!!! Love your sweet CAS holiday card but REALLY LOVE your Triple B card! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL and awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Simply Clean & Simple, Peace on Earth AND Triple B challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Bonnie said...

What a sweet and simple Nativity, Michele! I love how you kept the coloring simple as well! I definitely see Dawn's influence in your second card! Love the dreamy background, sweet flowers and beautiful butterfly!

TK said...

Of course the Nativity scene is near and dear to my heart, plus it looks perfect dressed in CAS style. Needless to say, your second card might be distressed and fuller, but it's amazing! I often wonder how people do this!

Linda Callahan said...

Two ends of the spectrum but both so delightful!

Diane said...

As always, beautiful cards, each uniquely different but each equally gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, Peace On Earth and Simply Clean and Simple!
Diane TB, POE, SCAS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

donna mikasa said...

Soft and dreamy and oh so pretty! I love the subtle way you incorporated the sketch, too! Perfection.

Vickie Y said...

Your silent night card is adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple Challenge.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is shabby sheik and vintage all at the same time It is incredibly beautiful an I could not love it more.