Thursday, February 1, 2024

Can You Handle the Pressure? January 2024

 As much as I love embossing folders, one would think that I'd play along with Can You Handle the Pressure every. single. month.  But, as often as I use them, they aren't often the 'star' of the card .... until today!  SO!  For January 2024's challenge - with the twist of making it a birthday card - I'm making a statement with this gorgeous number from SSS: Lilac Clusters...


I used the EF technique of inking the negative side of the folder with Matcha ink and
spritzing with a fine spray of water before pressing.  It left the lilacs the creamy white of my watercolor paper for simply water coloring with Sugarplum ink!



With the addition of their twist from a Betterpress-ed sentiment from 
Spellbinders' A Little Message once again.

I love the depth of embossing on this one - and hope their team does too!
=] Michele

Thank you for this honor!

16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Thats a gorgeous card! Love the soft colors.

donna mikasa said...

Who could NOT love this? The "pressure" is amazing as well as the subtle coloring. And I didn't know this EF existed--until now!

Leslie Miller said...

Delicate and gorgeous! What a beautiful folder and flawlessly executed technique. I love the pretty letterpress sentiment, too!

Lisa Elton said...

You are speaking my language with this one! You know lilacs are my favorite right? Gorgeousness, Michele!

TK said...

Lilacs - so fresh, gorgeous, and magnificent smelling! Love it when they bloom in our yard and open windows allow for the scent to waft through... Great card!

Jeanne said...

Simply gorgeous! Wow!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous card, I love the soft colours!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous soft, dreamy colors, Michele! Love the deep embossing! Your camera catches the depth so well!

Anonymous said...

I so love that embossing folder and the way you used it here. Love the colors you chose too. Harbingers of spring.

Marcia Hill said...

Sooooooooooooooo pretty Michele!! I just LOVE Lilacs and this card celebrates them perfectly! Such a pretty embossing folder and colored perfectly...love, love, LOVE this card!! Hugs. :0)

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a beautiful card so stylish and the delicate colours complete this masterpiece.

Marie

Darlene said...

OH how pretty! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Judy Woodland said...

Oh wow, this is stunning. That embossing folder is amazing, I have never seen one like it. Lots of wonderful work here, thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my you certainly know how to squeeeze the perfect design! This is gorgeous!

Bobby said...

So soft and pretty, Michele.

HilaryJane said...

I am not at all sure what happened, but I seem to have missed this one. Lovely to see embossing as the star and those gorgeous soft colours. Congrats on your mention at can you handle the pressure xx