Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Color Hues #80 Red and Pink!

I always make more Valentines than I send.  I get caught up in the colors and before you know it, there are four new cards in my stash!  That's what happened when I started designing my card for Color Hues #80 - Red and Pink! 

My binder of stencils was out, and I found an oldie from Artplorations that nearly jumped into my hands.  You may remember the last time I used it in yellow - it is still one of my favorite makes!  Here she is again in a gradient from pink to red - a closeup of all that fabulous gloss seems in order ...


Since red and pink don't ALWAYS have to be saved for Valentine's Day, 
I used a fun sentiment stamp/die from Pigment Craft Co. - but 
added a little heart with it - did you find it?


You know by now that I don't like to waste ink ... here is my 'clean up'
which was die cut before adding another hello friend!


Which card do you think will be sent to the Color Hues gallery?  You'll have to go see and why not play along while you're there? 
=] Michele

p.s. I LOve their new look!

19 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! Jo x

LeAnne said...

SO sweet and pretty! Both are stunning! Those bold letters really stand out against those gorgeous backgrounds!

HilaryJane said...

Love the graduated inking and the wonderful shine. Great idea to use the colours but make it a friendship card. The mop up card works well too, but I admit to liking the first one best xx

lostinpaper said...

Red and Pink, How FUN! I was only thinking about Red and Orange together yesterday, let's challenge ourselves (though I know you will have yours done before me lol.)

Nancy said...

I was so taken by the shine of this card, Michele. I am so glad you captured it in a photo so we could appreciate it. Lovely job and love that you didn't waste that piece. Both cards look great! I love the added tiny heart element too. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous makes, Michele! Love the simplicity of the no waste version and the shine on the original!

Bonnie said...

I love the gradient coloring with the first card (and still love it in yellow)! The second stamping makes for a beautiful, subtle background! Valentine's Day isn't the only time for red and pink. They're good for any occasion!

Vikki H said...

Wowza! I love the shine and the bitty heart hiding out! What a fabulous design, Michele!

TK said...

Two special cards for some special people!

Jeanne said...

Wow, look at that gloss. How fun. That first card is fabulous in every way, down to the tiny heart. That one's my favorite of the two. Well done, my friend!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love both of these wonderful cards. The bolder pinks reds are fabulous with your boldest on the sentiment and that tiny heart is so perfect. I am very partial to the cleanup card. Love the soft hues and the way the sentiment really sings. Love the tiny heart there too!

JulieP said...

The gradient and shine are wonderful. And I did spy that heart. We adore overachievers at Color Hues. :-)

Marcia Hill said...

Two BEAUTIFUL cards Michele...I love them both! The gradient one is so pretty with the soft to bold coloring and the leftover ink one is so soft and pretty...both stunners! Love the shine too and yes, I did see those tiny hearts...a perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues and making our challenge colors SHINE! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

Love the ombre' roses and all that shine, Michele.

donna mikasa said...

Pink and red have never looked so good! LOVE the stenciling and how you didn't waste a smidge of ink--the pastels are just as gorgeous!

Carol said...

Just plain gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Your glossy gradient roses are fabulous, and I love the big sentiment and puffy hearts on both cards. Waste not want not... your left over ink card is just as pretty in its own quiet way. Lovely, Michele!

baileyrosy.com said...

Both are fabulous and your "clean up" card is magnificent never did clean up look good.

Marie

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele, they are both beautiful cards. I just love how your mind works when you are creating. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues! Happy Valentine's Day!