Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #88 Reminder


Hello, my friends!  Just a quick reminder that there is still plenty of time
for you to join us as we 'add a heart' to our floral cards this month

I brought this wonderful bird from Wplus9 back - sometimes we miss that she is perched alongside a gorgeous rose!  I brought my pencils out to color them today...


My card starts with this fun debossed heart panel of the palest pink, then I stamped the bird and her rose onto grey cardstock which took the pencils beautifully.  Before perching her onto my card, I did a little selective fussy cutting so I could add a little slip of vellum to complete the Altenew Ornate nesting frame.

There's one additional heart - see if you can find it!  Then we'd love to invite you to play along - second helpings are always appreciated you know!  Go see all those reminders from our team at The Flower Challenge - you are sure to be inspired!

=] Michele

15 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I love this stamp Michele and you have made it SHINE with your beautiful pencil coloring! I love how you did your selective fussy cutting around the top of the bird and added the vellum layer behind too! Lovely, lovely card and yes, I do see all your hearts in the background AND on the birdie!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

I love the two toned label behind the sweet bird and beautiful rose! All so pretty on the pierced heart! The heart on the bird is a fun touch!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness from the delightful heart embossed panel to the softly colored bird!

Cat Craig said...

Love that debossed panel, Michele.

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just love those specialized sentiment die cuts. They just look amazing as does your card. 😊

HilaryJane said...

Your bird and rose look extra special stamped and coloured onto that grey card. Love that background too. The other day, I spent some time making some of those sentiments. I foiled some and I pressed some xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fussy cutting you did here, it adds so much interest! Pretty card!

Leslie Miller said...

I see that pretty little pink heart on the bird and it's the sweetest thing! Of course, the bird and the rose are exceptionally pretty with your soft pencil coloring on gray. Love how you finished the panel with vellum for that extra artistic touch. You're always thinking. So lovely, Michele!

TK said...

That beautiful bird is wearing his heart ON his chest! Great coloring, Michele, and your dual layered tag is a great way to soften the fun background to focus on your beautiful bird

Jeanne said...

Delightful card, Michele. I see that sweet little heart. You are so good at adding the perfect finishing detail.

JoAnn said...

Lovely card. Just the touch of sweetness with that little heart on the bird, love it. Love the image and your soft coloring.

Stef Perry said...

How can you go wrong with a flower, hearts and a lovely bird? This is such a sweet card, Michele and I see you and Bobby where of like mind for the background. The little heart on the bird is perfect too. Love this!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so beautiful Michele! Initially I only saw the little pink heart and thought you must have just kept with that for the inspiration... but then I saw all of those sneaky hearts in the background pattern, you are so clever!

Bobby said...

I wouldn't believe how soft and beautiful the gray would look with pencils if I didn't see it for myself, Michele. Marvelous card, my friend!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so wonderful. Love your pencil coloring of this wonderful stamp and that sweet little heart. Love the de-bossed hearts as the perfect stage for birdie and rose.