Thursday, February 15, 2024

Time Out 10th Birthday Celebration!

Time Out Challenge #257 is all about celebrating their 10th birthday - congratulations to Nonni, and Stephanie who keep things rolling smoothly as Sandie and Nonni did - and to the entire T.O. Team of designers!

During these dark days of Winter, I've spent a little time reacquainting myself with water coloring ... those embossed images recently shared were not the only ones to get some attention.  

Altenew's gorgeous Pristine Peonies were stamped onto cold press watercolor paper in Antique Linen Distress ink and water colored with their 36-pan set.  I wasn't unhappy with the results and thought it would be perfect for a special birthday celebration such as this one!  Here's her closeup:


It's obvious that I need to work on the center a little more next time!
But since brown was used, I also used Betterpress Bark ink to create
my birthday sentiment...


The Time Out team has really pulled out the stops with their birthday cards - you can see them all here - but while you're there, I think you should join the celebration, don't you?

=] Michele

20 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

WOW! This amazing!! I love this card 🥰

HilaryJane said...

There's one of those sentiments again. What amazing watercolouring. Your flowers are amazing xx

Lisa Elton said...

I think you've been acquainted with water colors all along, this is gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

Exquisite! This large and lovely stamp gives you lots of room to play and you played beautifully! I don't see what part of the center you need to work on more because this looks perfect to me. Wow!

Anonymous said...

You have some seriously mad water coloring skills Michele...all I see is perfection!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card my friend!! Hugs! ❤️❤️❤️

TK said...

WOW! I'm not sure what you think needs work, but this beauty is shining in my eyes! Beautiful colors and coloring, Michele

My Paper Epiphany said...

It’s absolutely gorgeous Michelle! Beautiful colouring! Thanks so much for joining in the celebrations at Time Out Challenges:)

Jeanne said...

Michele, this is simply stunning. I'm in awe of your skills with watercolor and truly appreciate the talent shown here. Wow.

Cindy C. said...

Such a beautiful card!! Oh yeah, you inspired me to join the challenge!!

Loll said...

Beautiful no-line watercolouring Michele! This card is STUNNING! xx

sandie said...

Michele, thank you for your Kind words. Your watercolouring is superb and doesn't look like it needs much work to me! So good to see you play our 10th!

Bobby said...

When you have the gift it doesn't go away, Michele, just lays dormant. You resurrected it beautifully with those gorgeous peonies. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at Time Out.

Bonnie said...

Wonderful coloring, Michele! I love the soft watercolor you got on these flowers!

Cat Craig said...

WOW, you need to do more no line watercoloring. This is swoon worthy.

lostinpaper said...

Just let me pick my jaw up from the ground my friend, I adore everything about this card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Michele, I am behind in my commenting as you can probably tell. I did not see this in the TO gallery yet. It is absolutely stunning, and makes me so happy that you joined in the celebration. Thank you. It means alot. This challenge is a rather large emotional investment for me. We'll talk.

Helen said...

Your card is really beautiful Michele! Your soft colouring is wonderful. A very special birthday card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges. :)

baileyrosy.com said...

PERFECTION !!!! should be framed !!!!!!.

Marie

Greta said...

Beautifully artistic card! So happy you joined in our BD celebration at Time Out.

Grenouille Greetings said...

I just saw this card in the winners post at Time Out and it's a beauty! I had to drop by to tell you! Hugs, Lesley