Friday, February 23, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches #624 and Just us Girls #715

Happy to see you today!  I have two cards for two challenges!  But first I wanted to share a photo of that mural I mentioned recently:


It covers the entire side of the furniture store... here is a little closeup for
a look at the artists' detail:

Now on with my cards! 

First up, a 'mop-up' panel that I've saved since 2021 - oh you know you have them, too!  You'll see the original HERE from a card made for the CAS Mix Up Challenge - yes, I do still miss those CAS challenges so very much!  The assignment was to stamp through a stencil, and I loved the look so much and the inks I used together that I couldn't bear to waste the inks... here are my 'leftovers'...


And here is the card I made with one of them for Bobby's Just us Girls' #715 Stencil Challenge ... it might not be what Bobby had in mind, but a stencil WAS used!  


I couldn't bear to cover any of these gorgeous soft colors up so I did
a camouflaged sentiment with this big friend die from Altenew. 


Now I promised I'd readdress that fun Freshly Made Sketches card ... I'm laughing at myself as even the second card ended up LESS CAS than I'd like!  BUT I knew that I wanted to revisit this collection of Anna Griffin papers... so there! lol


I had just the right sized scraps of this particular design to puzzle-piece them back into a slightly smaller than A2 panel for Kim's Sketch #624.  The pieces were 'stitched' together using a few stitching dies from an old EH set... wish you could see them better.  Maybe this helps:


I'll share this pretty pattern-paper-covered card with Double D too!  I love that they are
embracing patterned paper this month!


These sweet flowers are oldies but goodies from SSS this time cut from a creamy card. and look! another Betterpress-ed sentiment... I may need to press more as they sure were handy to have this week.

I have nudged my way into your space quite a bit this week - and I appreciate every moment you've spent with me in my crafty space.  Thanks so much!

=] Michele

25 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous use of a stencil, Michele! Love the muted colors... just beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

Love those muted tones on your stencil card, and those white silhouette blooms are a perfect foil to the pp.

HilaryJane said...

I have been away for a few days and what a feast I have come back to on your blog. Not enough hours in my day to comment on every post, but I have scrolled through and feasted my eyes. Those red and orange cards are stunning. Your beautiful soft friend mop up card is so subtle and stylish. A great way to showcase that left over piece. Thanks for all your inspiration. Did I also spot some real stitching? I am still determined to get my sewing machine out at some point. I am just not sure when it will happen xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love the results of your stencil card and was so happy to spot it in our gallery! The big friend sentiment was the perfect choice for that one! I see that sweet stitching on your second card and love those creamy white flowers! Two beauties, Michele!

lostinpaper said...

Love that huge hidden friend sentiment, it's a great way to keep the subtle design flowing through the card and the wildflowers popping in their garden are so very sweet! Shame I am off to work today as you have made me want to craft instead!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Both cards are beautiful, but the first one is my favorite! Such beautiful colors, and the sentiment is perfection with it. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

What an awesome mural! Thanks for sharing it. I need to get a photo of the dumpster that is painted like a wildflower garden. I'll have to go when there aren't cars parked in front of it. But I digress. Your mop up background makes a gorgeous card! I always forget to do that until it's too late. I love how the white flowers pop against the decorative paper in the background. I'm loving that bird that finds his way into your photos, too!

TK said...

Wow! Both of your cars are amazing, but that first one is absolutely STUNNING!

Vicki Dutcher said...

A beautiful card using your stencil those those soft colors are really pretty. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Kim S said...

The sketch was definitely a great way to use fabulous paper! I love your dainty flower stems on the bold background! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful and happy mural! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And your cards are pure delight, Michele. Love how you stitched together the pattern paper pieces. You are creatively clever for sure!

Marcia Hill said...

You have been a busy girl this week and have another 2 beautiful cards to show for it Michele! Your stenciled card with the mop up colors and the eclipsed friend sentiment is SO pretty...LOVE it!! And your "stitching" card is also beautiful and I love the simplicity of the die cut flowers on it...just lovely my friend! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine today?!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! That mural is incredible. Every blank side of a building should have something so amazing painted on it. This one is exceptional! And how I love your mop up backgrounds. Yes, I do have some, but not this pretty. The roses look softly gorgeous and they most definitely are stenciled, maybe in a round about way, but stenciled nonetheless. Way to go with those papers, too. The sketch makes it tempting to use patterned paper. I love how you used your stitching dies to carefully piece them together. Pretty!

Bobby said...

It's "Anything Goes" stencil, Michele, and a stencil print qualifies. Plus it would be a shame to let that beautiful panel just lie around. The eclipse sentiment was the perfect way to go IMHO. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.
I love all the bright paper on your FMS card and those sweet cream colored blooms.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful soft colors on your stencil card Michele - and I love the papers and lovely die cut stems you used on the 2nd! Julia xx

Linda Callahan said...

A feast of flowers! The simple white flowers are perfect against your backdrop!

Ina G said...

CAn't stop looking at this beautiful friend card Michele. Stunning and such softness. Loving your take on our stencil challenge. Also love your readdressed sketch card. So fun and clever!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful friend card with those soft colors. Love how you "pieced" the layers together on the 2nd card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Two gorgeous cards, Michele. I love the softness of the first - so artfully done. Love the way th dic cut flowers match the flowers in that fabulous paper and the "stitching" is the perfect touch!

Carol said...

I LOVE how you used a stencil Michele...so unique and a beautiful result! The friend die cut was the perfect way to keep the focus on your panel's design too! The other card "stitched" together is fab too! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!!!

donna mikasa said...

You struck gold finding that stenciled gem! I love the camouflaged sentiment, too. Genius! And your patterned paper card is so pretty--love them both!

Barbara said...

I really enjoyed seeing the panel that you couldn't get rid of and then made a card. So creative and original. Looking at the card that you made with design paper I have to say that I have not seen that technique before. A great way to make the most of papers. Thanks for linking up with Double D Challenge.

Amy O said...

I love all of these gorgeous blooms! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Both are so pretty! Love the patterns and that gorgeous white flower. And your stencil card is amazing too. Look at you using up the things! Always a joy to visit and see what you have created for FMS!

baileyrosy.com said...

The first card with the hidden sentiment is sublime such soft colours reminds me of Italian plaster faded walls so beautiful. The second with the gorgeous papers and those stiched panels is an amazing backdrop for those gorgeous white blooms.

Marie