Tuesday, February 20, 2024

A Gal-entines Day of Play with Marcia!

A day of play in the middle of February was a wonderful Valentine gift especially when I had clear roads and sunshine for my drive to Marcia's house - yay!  

Neither of us had a whole lot of new stuff to share, but I did reach for a few favorites from her stash - like that sweet Forget-me-Not set I used last Saturday!  We love to chat away while stenciling back-to-back with different inks and the VOILA moment when our panels are complete.  This time I got to use a set from Altenew that somehow got by me: Playful Watercolor Flowers - so pretty we did TWO!


This first panel was inked with some of Marcia's wonderful Gina K inks.  I cut it down using a rectangle die, gave it the 'feel' of fabric using SU's Subtle Texture EF, and topped it with a die gifted to me by my darling friend Coni years ago - but I MUST give all the credit for the perfect cutting to LeAnne Pugliese who told me the trick to perfect intricate cuts using WAXED PAPER!  Look how well this worked:


Thanks, LeAnne!

I LOve that I can share this one with my friends at the Word Power Challenge #2
without completely covering up those gorgeous roses!


The second panel was inked in shades of pinks from Party Dress to Flirty Fuchsia -
thanks, my friend for introducing me to my next Catherine Pooler ink!


This one was treated to an oval die set from Spellbinder that has layers - you'll notice perhaps that I used the subtle texture embossing on the innermost section before adding another of those favored Betterpress-ed sentiments.
A simple little slice off of the bottom of the back panel helps to get my oval card
to stand at attention!  


A beautiful bloom meant to be shared 
with Triple B! February 2024


And THEN I spotted another darling stencil in Marcia's stash - it might have been included in one of the classes she's taken from Pinkfresh Studio but it is now available in their shop:  Kaleidescope!  One of my favorite toys as a child and they continue to delight the child in me!

I used it as a backdrop for a pretty floral from Pinkfresh: Grow Wild - also stenciled - using close colors to the inks I used at Marcia's.  Sadly, it almost covers up that pretty panel.  Looks like I'll just have to meet up with Marcia again soon - ha!  Like THAT is a sacrifice! 


This sentiment is from Alex Syberia Design's Tulips Treasure set.
I'm sharing this card with the Stencil Fun Challenge February 2024!


Last but not least, Marcia had a new embossing folder - Daisy from Altenew - that I couldn't wait to watercolor when I got home ... this time I definitely used the Color Hues #81 colors!  Don't they just sing Spring?




Also sending this one to those fab ladies at Can you Handle the Pressure!


While searching for the right 'mint' ink, I stumbled across the perfect Mint-y tape from Scrapbook.com!  I simply adhered a piece onto some Hammermill paper and cut it using an old thanks die from MFT!  I could not bear to add another thing to it!

If you made it to the end, I thank you!   And since I promised a few deets about our eats:  Marcia made her wonderful cold veggie pizza - gosh I think anything with cream cheese is the best!  I completed the meal with a DESSERT pizza - half blueberry, half cherry with a crumble topping and sweet almond drizzle!  Now THAT's a pizza meal I can wrap my heart around!  Marcia also reminded me that there are NO calories in special meals shared with gal-entines!  Cheers to that!

The moral of this happy story is how much better my crafty life is with friends - thanks, Marcia for another lovely day!  I can't wait to do it again soon!  In the meantime, I'm coming right over to see all the gorgeousness I'm sure you created! xx

=] Michele

23 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

All four are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele!! That Subtle ef over the finished stenciled floral cards was the perfect finishing touch, and it really does give the look of fabric! One of my favorite ef's too! Your florals over the kaleidoscope card are so pretty my friend...I just LOVE the colors you chose for this one! And the daisies...oh my gosh, this is my favorite Michele! The water coloring is awesome and the sentiment is just perfect...LOVE it!! So glad the weather cooperated and we got to have a play day in the Winter time...it was just what I needed to get me out of the doldrums!! Thanks sweet friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

Oh, my. I'm pea green with envy! And what gorgeousness you came up with! I oohed and aahed at the colors and texture of first card. Then my jaw dropped at the oval goodness of the second! And that fuchsia ink is gorgeous! I may have to look for the kaleidoscope stencil to add to my stash and those daisies are the crowning touch! How special to get to spend the day together! Crafting friends are the BEST!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Oh Michelle, all of them are so beautiful!!! I love the first 2 stencil...I must get that now. Jealous of your co-hort crafting time...Hugs!!

Karen said...

Four gorgeous cards made all the better by crafting with Marcia! What a fine day that must have been! You are correct---the daisy embossing folder is another wonderful product for the Lilac and Mint Color Hues challenge, and we're always happy to get second helpings (or third?) from you in the gallery!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just lovely cards! 😀

LeAnne said...

Woweee! These are gorgeous! That first one DOES look like fabric, and I am thrilled that the waxed paper did the trick! Such a fun sentiment too, now you can use it with ease! The other cards are stunning too...that daisy one just makes me smile all over!

Dotty Jo said...

Swooooooning big time, Michele! What a gorgeous selection - you are amazeballs, my dear friend. I'm going to try the waxed paper trick too as some of my sentiments look like they've been trough a mincer rather than a Cuttlebug! Hugs, jo x

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, those beautiful colors of the stenciled Altenew flowers! Love the first one especially, with the super softness and linen finish, and the sweet sentiment over top. Love the Pinkfresh flowers on your stenciled background, too! It's an interesting effect using the same colors in foreground and background. The stencil is so great and to think of all the color possibilities! Fun and fabulous daisy embossing folder, too! A favorite flower in a favorite crafty element, and so softly colored. Sweet! I'm glad you and Marcia got together as I know how much fun it is. Thank you both for always sharing with the rest of us!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele these are such beautiful cards from your playdate with Marcia, I may be just a tab jelly! So glad you had good roads that led to a fun day! Yay! Thank you so much for that beautiful card for Color Hues, the soft colours look so pretty over your panel! I hope we have a playdate again one day. I miss you! xoxo

donna mikasa said...

Once again, you leave me with my mouth open.
Fantastic cards for all of the different challenges! I'm especially smitten with that shaped card--stenciling on the textured surface is amazing!

JoAnn said...

Such beauties you created with your crafting friend. It is always fun to craft with a friend. I oohed and aahhed over all the loveliness, especially when I got to your last card, my favorite of the four. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see Marcia's.

Lisa Elton said...

I keep scrolling back and forth looking at all of this prettiness! Boy oh boy are these ever fabulous, Michele. That little oval number is out of this world! You two always make me want to move to Michigan so I can come play... and eat too LOL!

lostinpaper said...

Looks like you had such a lovely creative time together!! I adore all of the eye candy you have given us but it's the You are Loved card that has my heart here today!

Loll said...

So wonderful you got to share a fun day with Marcia and also made fabulous cards!! Love the beautiful flower stencils with all the gorgeous texture. So beautiful ... I'm partial to pink, so the oval card stole my heart. And even more beautiful cards using a wonderful background stencil for one and the gorgeous soft colours from CH challenge. Thanks for the tip from LeAnne about die-cutting skinny letters with wax paper. xx

Jeanne said...

What a delightful feast for the eyes and senses. Thank you so much for sharing these beauties, Michele. Love each one and the fact you have such a good friend you can play with regularly. Delights me immensely!

TK said...

SO MANY gorgeous things, Michele! It boggles my mind how you can eat, chat and still create anything -- truly a miracle, in my humble book! These are all so delightful and hopefully will happen again soon!

Darlene said...

YAY good for you ladies! Crafting with friends is the BEST!! Your cards are all just AMAZING and I'm overjoyed that you've created something to share in so many of our challenge blogs! LOVE your beautiful inspiration pieces!! And don't forget, that last card fits our Can You Handle the Pressure embossing challenge (lol just saying). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Word Power, Triple B and Stencil Fun Challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Bobby said...

The subtle embossing folder elevates those stenciled panels to tapestries, Michele. So beautiful! It's always fun to figure out what got completed at Marcia's and what you finished up at home with your own supplies. The kaleidoscope stencil is a fun background and you picked great flowers to accompany it. And you know my feelings about daisies. I'm getting out my daisy folder (I have the Pressed Flowers one out already) and spending a day watercoloring. Thanks for all the inspiration, my friend. Wish I could have been there with you.

Cat Craig said...

The cards are beautiful. I think when we crafters are extra happy (like when with friends) it comes through in our cards just a tiny bit. So happy you two had a good time.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This post is fabulousness overload. Each of your cards is so special and stellar in terms of design and color. (I am needing to know about the waxed paper thing).The oval is particularly fabulous - love the new CP ink color and the embossing on the inner oval... Love the kaleidoscope stencil and the embossed daisies - so, so much to love.

Stef Perry said...

What a wonderful bit of eye candy in this post, Michele! I'm so impressed with your productivity on a crafty date with sweet Marcia, and the results are rich! Every one of your cards is so gorgeous and I'm thrilled you shared the softly watercolored daisy embossed card with Color Hues, it is a beauty! Thanks for playing along a second time!

Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful~beautiful floral cards! Someday I swear I am going to 'crash' your crafty 'party' LOL!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power, Triple B and Stencil Fun!!!
Diane WP, TB and SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Linda Callahan said...

You two are dino-mite together! What a beautiful array of cards! Gorgeous art! and sounds like the menu was pretty delightful too!