Thursday, November 7, 2019

Inspired By #97 ... blankets


It is most definitely time to bring out those Fall throws 'round my house … and who wouldn't love a stack of blankets like these in our Inspired By #97 photo inspiration?  They ALL fit my style, and color palette!  See that one on top?  It was all the inspiration I needed for my card this week!

 
A few plaid-builder sets were used to create the stamped plaid on my 'blanket' and there were a few colors used, and over-stamped' to recreate the look of that gorgeous blanket!  I'll list everything below.  All that wonderful woven texture came from embossing the panel with my fave SU ef - you know, the one I've used ad nauseum.  I also pulled out my favorite Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies!  Here's a bit of a closeup view:
 

The sentiment is from a new to me set from Memory Box called Grateful Autumn.  You'll see more of those very soon!

Hope you'll be Inspired By #97 … can't wait to hear how you were inspired by those gorgeous blankets!

=]  Michele

Waffle Flower Plaid Play
EBE Plaid Maker
EBE Painted Stripes
Catherine Pooler Inks:  Bellini, Twilight, and Black Jack

17 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your card is such a perfect match for that top blanket, Michele! Love how you've used these colors and the texture of the leaves. How do you get such a good impression from your embossing folder?

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness girl, did you ever nail this one!! I love the texture and the falling leaves. So darn PRETTY!

LeAnne said...

I never get tired of looking at that embossing folder OR those leaves! And my heart went "Ahhhhh" when I saw your soft, pretty card...such great colors together! And yes, we'll be needing those blankets this weekend!

conil said...

Amazing how that e/f created the perfect texture for the throw but what I'm in awe of is your incredible plaid. It's fabulous and makes my graphic heart beat a lilting tattoo.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh such a warm cozy card! Beautiful!

Dotty Jo said...

What a warm, snuggly creation! Love all the texture and plaid, Jo x

Sharron said...

LOVE this so much--the colors, the texture, the pattern--everything is perfect!

TaeEun said...

It really looks like a warm and cozy blanket!!! The overlaid stamping looks gorgeous and the EF works perfectly here!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous card, Michele! I love every single solitary detail that makes this card stunning! Wow!!

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! This card looks just like those blankets Michele! Yes, had to break out the blanket here too, but only for sitting and watching tv or being on the computer. lol I can't stand a blanket on my bed. I love the colors of this card and I love how you made your plaid. I have a set of plaid maker stamps and have never used it to make plaid yet. Just might have to CASe your card. It is stunning and I am totally in love with it! Hugs, Brenda

Cat Craig said...

Oh Michele you've outdone yourself. That texture foldler is fabulous for this challenge. Well done.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Swoon...

Bobby said...

Love all the texture, Michele. It looks like painted canvas - or a woven blanket. lol

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely brilliant use of color!

lostinpaper said...

It looks like there is so much texture on this card design, and I know it's there because you created it, WOW!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I LOVE this card, Michele! It's so pretty and unique! You totally captured the blankets' elements and re-created your own version using a paid stamp set and the die-cut leaves. The rustic fall colors are so beautiful too.
Hideko xx

Michelle two Ls said...

This is just amazing eye candy! I feel as though I’ve been hugged by a comfy card.