Thursday, November 7, 2019

CAS[E] this Sketch #347 - Retro week!



There's nothing like looking back at cards of the past... we hope you feel that way, too, because it's RETRO WEEK, my friends!!  Chrissy's fun Sketch is from August 2015!!  Did you play??  Be sure to share the before, and after, in your post!!  Here's mine from 2015:



This past weekend, Tom and I visited our friends the Elton's, in Ohio … our guys spent a day photographing nature, and I was blessed with a full day of crafting with my sweet friend Lisa!!  SO how could I not make a 'what would Lisa do' card for this week?  I borrowed her SSS Autumn Blessings set, and she gave me a stack of GRAY card bases to play with, and shared an embossed tag - she does know me so well!  Thanks, Lisa!

Enough talk... here's my new card:


 


Thanks for stopping by … hope you have fun with this Retro Sketch!!  Let's go see what my CTS team has made for Sketch #347, shall we?
 
=]  Michele

13 comments:

conil said...

So glad I don't have to pick which one of these I like better. They're so very different and both are amazing. You do excellent work, girl.

Dotty Jo said...

What fabulous takes on the sketch! Love both your then and now cards, Jo x

Linda Callahan said...

I love the retro sketches ...fun to look back.....I am pretty sure I did this one as well! Old and new....yours are both fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Well, you know I love the new one *wink*, but the old one is amazing too. I like the lilac buildings! Sure loved our day of crafting XO

Sharron said...

Both are so different and I love them both! The purple is wonderful and I adore your sweet tag!

TaeEun said...

Gray base and dry embossed tag embellished with pretty floral wreath - superb CAS and so pretty!
I still remember the sketch. I entered two cards to #138 and one of them was the winner :) !!!

Jeanne said...

Your first effort is great and clever and neat, but your second effort is absolutely gorgeous! Love every detail. Thank you for sharing and I'm so happy you had a wonderful day with your friends. :)

Brenda said...

I love your throwback card Michele, it is so cool looking. That paper is amazing of the city buildings and I adore the sentiment. Your tag card is so beautiful, I love the tag and the embossing of the tag, but it is the little wreath that is adorable and oh so pretty. Love the little cut out sentiment too. Hugs, Brenda

Bonnie said...

Awesome card, Michele! I love yellow and gray together!

Cat Craig said...

That sounds like a perfect road trip!

Bobby said...

A nice combo of you (gray) and Lisa (tiny flowers), Michele.

Nora Noll said...

I am so jealous that you got to craft with Lisa!! You are welcome to come down and stay with me to craft too!!! LOVE your stunning card. The flowers are GORGEOUS and I like how you used a tag!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are fabulous, Michele! I'm a city girl so I usually tend to be more attracted to buildings than to nature, but I can't resist the embossed tag with the pretty flower wreath. Love the modern-look with the dark gray card base!
Hideko xx