Friday, March 9, 2018

How about a game of "pick up sticks?"

Happy Friday, everyone!  I've made two cards that I'm just itching to be share with you... made with our wonderful new release from Ellen Hutson's  Essentials by Julie Ebersole!

First up, how about a bit of Sushi... using Wasabi ...

"... sashimi yourself right over here!"

I made my own chopsticks with a bit of black cardstock, swiped with Versamark, and dipped several times into clear embossing powder!
 
Now, I did mention a game of pick up sticks, right? I used one of the fun images from the set to make the little hashioki to rest my chopsticks on... my gloss-ified chopsticks were treated to the same technique as above, and are from the Wasabi Accessories set, as is the grass under my sentiment.
 
 
I'll send you on your way to the weekend, thanks for dropping by, and spending a bit of your day with me!  I think I'm going out for Sushi!!!
 
=]  Michele 


14 comments:

Jeanne said...

These are very fun, Michele! I like the bright colors and the little tips you shared on how you created the shine. I'm not a sushi fan personally, but my daughter is and I'll bet she would be so tickled to see these! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Viv said...

Such clever cards again Michele! love them both equally.Our snow has gone now thank heavens, villages cut off etc. glad it's warmer now too. Thanks for your good wishes also, feeling ok now at last ;)hugs Viv xx

Cat Craig said...

Such fun cards Ms. M.

Sharron said...

Great designs--very clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

I love these cards and that set Michele! Missing you my friend!

Barb Ghig said...

Really cute cards, Michele! Your chopsticks are so clever and your coloring is just beautiful! I also love how you added a bold shade of green on the 2nd card...it really makes your CAS design POP!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovin' those nifty chopsticks! These are fun Michele!

lostinpaper said...

ooh, these are so utterly fabulous Michele!

Anita in France said...

So fun, Michele ... and as clever as ever ... brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

So clever and fun, Michele. Those tiny chopsticks must have been hard to work with but they looks good all glossified.

Papercraft Boutique said...

The way you used the stripe patterned paper and the dry embossed panel is perfect for the sushi, Michele! And what about the DIY shiny chopsticks!!
Love the design of the game of pick up sticks card, too. You've made the plain chopsticks look so fun with the hashioki! Great use of the green plastic grass behind the sentiment! I hope you enjoyed sushi! :-) Hideko xx

Birgit said...

You clever girl!!! Chopsticks...... you are a true genius my friend! Both of your cards are so darling. <3

Karren said...

So clever and cute! You've recreated the setting perfectly and made me almost wish I liked sushi 😀

Nora Noll said...

Oh my goodness!! The first card is fabulous enough to eat? Looks so real!! LOVE your second card too!!