Thursday, March 8, 2018

CAS[E] this Sketch #262

CAS doesn't necessarily mean easy, am I right?  This week's Sketch, from N@ Ali, is the perfect example.  See for yourself:

 
March brings unpredictable weather, and St. Paddy's Day ... I took advantage of both to try a technique I'd recently watched Emily Midgett do for Wplus9, and others out in the blogosphere:  white pigment stamping on colored cardstock.  I give you one guess what 'color' I chose... he hee.
 
 
The basics of this technique are: stamp first with white pigment ink, then layer other colors... my stamping certainly is not perfect, but it doesn't seem to matter!
 
 
The best thing about CAS[E] this Sketch?  You may have 'your way' with the Sketch... you don't mind that I've raised the sentiment, right?  or stamped the 'clean space' of the card?  Yes, have your way ... as long as we can see the basic design of the Sketch, that is!
 
We'll see how you interpret our Sketch in the gallery ... and thanks for stopping by today!
 
=]  Michele
 
Supplies:
Altenew:  Story of Us
Inks: 
Catherine Pooler dye inks:  Seafoam, and Spruce
 
 


13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Really pretty card Michele. Good for you trying out new techniques, this was a win! xo

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty take on the sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

I think your stamping IS perfect, Michele! And, the colors you chose for your blooms are just gorgeous! I also love your shamrock! This is such a beautiful card...and I think it's time for me to try this technique ~ Thanks for inspiring me, as always!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card Ms. Michele. Love those loose roses stamped on your card base. Gray and green who'da thought - fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty! I love the soft greens and white on the gray base. That's a pretty sweet little shamrock too!

lostinpaper said...

What a gorgeous 'washed' look you have given your floral background, it's beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Gosh, this is so pretty, Michele! The stamping almost looks like a fabric. Just lovely. I think you can have your way whenever you want. You create such lovely things when you do! :) (Remember, though I'm not in charge, so take that at your own risk. LOL)

Brian King said...

The background of flowers is perfect with this St. Patty's sentiment and clover. <3

Bobby said...

I've tried this technique before and them promptly forgot about it. Of course it's done on gray :) and the green works so well with that layered stamp, very forgiving, as if you needed it.

Sharron said...

I think your stamping looks great, so pretty! And I love the soft look you created!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Michele ... the softness of the colour over the white is just lovely. A technique that's on my list of things to try ... thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Anita :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Is this the same Michele who made those sushi cards? You're truly versatile card-maker! These beautiful roses look like they were painted with oil paints. Hideko xx

Donna said...

Green, green, green.
I happen to really love green!
💚💚💚