Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Calling All Sistahs CAS#11


If it seems I'm in your inbox really often, I'm about to leave for our Spring vacay, and you KNOW I'll suffer from card-making-withdrawals!!!  So I must make cards!

This card is for a challenge that I've not played in before ... though I know you've all heard about:

Calling All Sistahs

... here is there fabulous inspiration for cards of encouragement this month for CAS11:


I've used the photo for my inspiration, and shades of those colors that I have in my stash ... those darling CAS-ual Fridays products that were my gift from Michele for playing cards with Nora in February just had to come out to play.

Inside:
"... I like sweet blooms, too! 
But, truly, you're so great...  
I love them less than YOU!"

I love my embossing folders ... this one added such a wonderful texture to my mustard-yellow mug - oh that mug? of course I had to enbiggen it!  Now did you notice that little flutter-by?  I save everything!  it is made from the snippets leftover when you cut the mug... can you find it?  Can you also see that I've corrected the placement of the stems?  Ha!  One cannot take life too seriously!


While I may not have time to check into my blog next week, may I say today: thanks so very much for stopping by, and always for your support!  Happy Easter, my friends!

=]  Michele

Supplies:
CASual Friday's   Hot Coffee stamp set, and Coffee Cup Fri-Dies
MFT Die-namics Stitched Strip
E.H. Altenew Poppy Fields 
Distress Oxide inks:  Peeled Paint, Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber, and Wild Honey.
Sizzix embossing folder ... sorry no name!

19 comments:

Ivana Camdzic said...

Oh, Michelle! This card is STUNNING! And I think you are wonderful at layering!!! Your cards always have such a fabulous composition and this card is no exception!Loving the embossed details, and how you used the mug handle cutout for the butterfly :)

shirley-bee said...

Oh, this is fabulous, Michele! I love ether textured mg and the bright poppies - and your ingenious butterfly ;)
Have a great vacay!

Karren said...

This is so fun and so clever! Beautiful use of the colors. Have a wonderful holiday!

Lisa Elton said...

Heehee, that sentiment gave me a giggle! It reminded me of a Friend's episode. I love your embossed enbiggened mug, it's so pretty. You nailed this inspiration photo with this awesome card!

sandie said...

I am over the moon to see you at Calling All Sistahs! Your card is fab, love the embossing folder for the pattern on the mug and yes I saw the little butterfly! Stunning flowers and love the glitter. Have a fab hols and hope you will be back to play with us again on the 18th April......you know me.....you can’t escape me now!,

Birgit said...

What a lovely card Michele and that inside sentiment is fab! I'm telling you girl, you need to start making these into stamps. Have fun on your vacation!! Send some sunshine and warm weather in my direction. ;0)

Jeanne said...

Enjoy your spring getaway! You will be missed, but hope you have a terrific time. Your card here is fantastic. You are so delightfully clever and creative. Love the embossed mug and the lovely flutter-by that looks to be punched from the lovely handle. So many fun design elements makes this an absolute delight! Hugs!

Cat Craig said...

Lol, I wondered about those stems. Wonderful card makes me think of summer and bringing in to mom flowers pulled from the yard...and that they'd always go in a mug or glass. Have a fab vacay!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Oh, Michele, I LOve the dry embossed mustard-yellow mug! You matched the colors of enamel dots with the flowers too! I've got where the flutter-by came from and the change of the placement of the stems. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!
Have a great vacation, my friend!
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

I love the double entendre, Michele. Perfect for the Sistah's challenge and your beautiful yellow embossed mug.

Barb Ghig said...

Your beautiful blooms look amazing so perfectly placed in this gorgeous cup, Michele! I love how you always use embossing to jazz up your images...it just works so well, especially for this stunning card! Great job on the inspiration photo, my friend...I love it!

Anita in France said...

Texture, dimension, bold colour and wonderful creativity, Michele ... what a fabulous and fun card! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda Callahan said...

Your embossed mug of flowers is fabulous! And I did notice you fixed the stems! You have so many wonderful details in your cards!

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous, Michele! That embossed cup is just the most precious thing! I should take the cue from you and use my embossing folders a little more.. And I did so love that cute butterfly, and those gorgeous poppies! Absolutely love it! :)
hugs, Ashwini

Sharron said...

Oh, I love the embossing, gorgeous! This has so many wonderful elements, textures, and colors--all round beautiful design!

Jamie said...

You are brilliant! Love the butterfly, and that mug! The embossing is fabulous! Have fun on your vacation :)

Penny Ward said...

How fantastic. Love the embossed cup!!! Thanks for playing with us at Calling All Sistahs. Hugs, :)

Susan White said...

I love your card!! The sentiment is perfect for your large Cup of Flowers!!

Heather North said...

I like the way you've embossed the die cut mug! Thanks for playing along with the Calling All Sistahs challenge! Hope to have you join us for the new challenge starting on the 18th!!