Sunday, March 17, 2024

Worth the wait!

I've been waiting and toe-tapping for quite a while for this Spellbinders' Layered Cosmos Betterpress plate and stencil set to be available again - anywhere!  So, when it arrived in my hands on Saturday, I jumped at the chance to use it for the first time with those gorgeous colors at Color Hues challenge #83: Cream and Blue!  The only way I could find to use the cream was to start with a panel of Vintage Cream cardstock from PTI, foil the image in silver, and stencil with two shades of blue.  Here's how it turned out:


Two shades of blue inks:  Distress Oxide - stormy sky and CP Stone Blue... just as I thought might happen the Stone Blue has a more 'aqua' tone to it.  But it does provide a contrast which was my intention.  I brought in just a touch of gray for shading on my leaves and foiled
a pretty sentiment using Altenew's Dainty Flower Garden press plate set.

That dratted foil tried to hide from the camera... here's another look:



Thank you, Color Hues!


Since Winter revisited today in my area, I decided a few Christmas cards were in order.  A big sale at Sizzix recently introduced a few new sets to my stash - also worth waiting a few extra weeks shipping time for!

Any surprise that one features a Poinsettia*?  You know me TOO well!


Here are my inks... and if you look closely at the stamping, you'll see that I used
a silhouette stamp or two with the Oxide inks - stamped on PHOTO glossy paper!


I have the gals at the former CAS Christmas Challenge for this baby wipe technique!


After the Poinsettia is placed over top nobody would ever know how easy these
were to make!  You know my rule - three were done in no time at all!

I do hope that by the time the first day of Spring arrives better weather will stick!  Thanks for stopping by today!  Here's hoping you had nothing but warmth and sunshine in your neighborhood!

=] Michele

Sizzix: 664212

24 comments:

donna mikasa said...

You were meant to get that Betterpress set--what a beautiful card! And those poinsettias!! Even without the die cut overlay it's a water colored delight!

LeAnne said...

Well, I can see why you were impatient for this press and stencil. WOW. ALL these cards are just stunning.

Loll said...

LOVE the shades of blue for your beautiful cosmos, Michele. The foiling in silver is so pretty! And gorgeous poinsettia cards. xx

Lisa Elton said...

YAY, it finally came to live with you too! Love it all dolled up in blue, Michele. And those poinsettias, swoon, so beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! Sure was worth the sit to see this beauty! Stunning card!

lostinpaper said...

I am SHOCKED! I can't believe you have a Poinsettia set that I don't (wink)... in fact, I think you have a few lol. Love all this eye candy you have for me today, my fave being that new Cosmos... so dreamy!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, these are just breathtaking! Wow, Michele. You know how to make a stunning card or four! I hope your last gasp of winter doesn't last too long! Crafty hugs!

JulieP said...

Wowzers Michele!!! This is absolutely breathtaking. It's most definitely a work of art. The other set is just as amazing. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

WHOA! The Betterpress card is absolutely jaw-dropping. So incredibly beautiful. And the poinsettias... I never used the baby wipe technique. What a beautiful result you achieved with it! 2 gorgeous makes!

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous cards!! You made me wonder why I didn't buy that beautiful Poinsettia die when I had the chance! 🙄

Karen said...

All these cards are stunning, Michele! The Betterpress plate was so worth the wait. I love everything about it and the Betterpress plate just went on my wish list. And your beautiful poinsettias remind me that I've yet to start on my Christmas cards. Thanks for playing with us at Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

I didn't want your post to end Michele...ALL of your cards are absolutely STUNNING!! The Cosmos set was well worth waiting for IMHO after seeing your beauty...you used the challenge colors perfectly and this card totally SHINES! Love the contrast between your two blues too! SO glad you're sharing this one with us at Color Hues...thank you!! Your Poinsettia cards are FABULOUS and you need to bring those dies when you come! I absolutely LOVE the colors you used too...so festive and bright! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cat Craig said...

this is a post full of gorgeous-ness for sure Michele. Love the cream and blue so very pretty. and your new poinsettia are stunning as well. Looks like a day well spent.

Bonnie said...

After seeing this Cosmos card, I am kicking myself for not ordering the set when it was back in stock! Gorgeous shades to make a gorgeous card! Love the way you've done the backgrounds for the beautiful poinsettia cards! I'd never given the die a second look and here you've made it very noticeable!

TK said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Michele, each and every one! You make all things beautiful!

Bobby said...

The secondary blue adds more life to your Cosmos, Michele, and they are beautiful. I'm enthralled with the poinsettia cards. I can't figure out if that's a stamp, die or both but I sure do love the look.

Bobby said...

I didn't realize I hadn't gotten to the end of the post. Duh! Question answered and I'm even more smitten.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, stop... I can't even... wait, I can't breathe! A few minutes later... okay, I'm better now. Michele, there are no words. No words.

cm said...

Breathe-taken-away gorgeous, Michele! These are stunning! The blue and cream...swoon. Thank you for sharing in the Colour Hues gallery.
I haven't dived into Better Press yet, but seeing what you do with it sure is making resisting more difficult. Maybe some day...
hugs~c

Linda Callahan said...

Be still my heart.....ohhhh that silver and blue! And somehhow you take smooshy red and green and with one overly make it all crisp and gorgeous!

Nancy said...

So glad you finally got your hands on the Layered Cosmos. It is still one of my all-time favorites from Spellbinders. You certainly made a gorgeous card for it's debut. Love the soft grey and the two tones of blue. Now, as for the other 3 cards you made, they are incredible too! I am so intrigued by this technique. What a gorgeous die set! You have really inspired me with this post and I will have to see what die I have in my collection that just might work! Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues. I hope Spring shows up soon!

baileyrosy.com said...

The betterpress plate is beautiful and well worth the wait. Your colouring is sublime and delicate as for the other two beauties those colours work so well and are so classy just like you my friend.

Marie

Vikki H said...

Oh, so many fun cards today! I'm glad you're not stingy with sharing your designs! I really like the BP plate and how you colored it. One can never have too many poinsettia sets.

Jeanne H said...

Truly a wonderful set of cards. Congrats on the showcasing of your card on the blue and cream challenge.