Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Playing Cards with Friends - for reals!

Having not one, but two of my crafty friends in my studio together was just the best - sorry we were too busy having fun to take photos!  But rest assured the chatting and crafting [and eating] was abundant!

As is the norm from my generous friend, Marcia brought goodies to share!  This darling Penny Black Winged Wreath was all stamped, clear-embossed, and ready to color as we chose ... she even included a card base! 


I chose to watercolor mine while we chatted using inks - lavender and pale green, and a bit of washy-blue sky.  I found this wonderful PTI Just Sentiments: Spring Blessing sentiment that I had stamped at Marcia's a long time ago was the perfect choice for this card.  I cut it with an MFT stitched circle die, then layered it up over top of a Spellbinder Hemstitched circle.  A mat of embossed PTI Spring Moss and a little corner chomping, a few scattered PF gems and it was ready for that card base!

All three of us find stenciling is like meditation - and allows for plenty of chatting in the process!  I shared my Altenew Build-a-Garden: Pristine Peonies and the blending began!


I found the image fell a little flat, so I added lift and texture by embossing
a panel of woodgrain cardstock with a Spellbinders Leafy embossing folder.
Another Betterpress-ed sentiment and my card was ready for her closeup!

Honestly you will love TK and Marcia's Peonies more - I stuck with shades of only two colors - what a difference a third and fourth can make!  [I may go back for a revisit!]  

One more to share today that uses a few of the goodies TK brought to share with me and Marcia ... thanks TK!


I loved receiving this sweet SSS clover stencil - and I can never
have too many tulips!!!  Pixie Dust Designs is a new company to me. I cut
all the pieces from white card and used Altenew inks and brushes to add color.
Spellbinders' Four Petal die was used to cut my stenciled panel, and
to make my little frame.  Another Betterpress-ed sentiment - surprise!


Watch for more of the cards TK and I made together in the next few weeks!

If you come to my house, you will be fed - it was a CHILI Day!  White Bean Chicken Chili to be exact with Queso dip and lime chips.  Apple Muffin cake for dessert and back to crafting!

It was such a fun day shared with cherished friends - I feel so blessed to have you both in my life - and to have TK here for a four-day visit! 
Thanks, ladies! 

And thanks to all who stop by - I appreciate you ALL so much!  I've linked both of the girls above so you can see their cards as well - I know I can't wait another minute and am heading there now!

=] Michele

16 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

A trio of absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards Michele...as usual, you knocked each one out of the park! Your butterfly card is gorgeous!! The soft coloring and the colored mat beneath totally make this card stand out! LOVE the sentiment too...just had that set out yesterday!! Your peony card is just as lovely as can be!! The stenciling all in two shades didn't hurt this image at all my friend and the leafy embossed white background was all it needed to really bring it up next level! And your tulip card is SOOOOO sweet with the soft colors and the clover stenciled background! Beautiful, beautiful cards as always my friend, and thank you so much for hosting...it truly was a wonderful day!! Lots of hugs! :0)

TK said...

Beautiful! I love your wash-y wreath from Marcia, truly amazing colors and layout, which is always what one would expect from you! And those peonies? Well, no flatness seen from here, as your elevating technique worked wonders - amazing! AND I'm so glad you found the stencil because you used it perfectly, but that's no surprise to me!
Thank you, Friend, for an amazing few days, wonderful crafting time together and ALL the amazing food -- not just that day. I was/am blessed to come and meet you and all three of us to craft together.
Again? This direction maybe?????

Vicki Dutcher said...

Get togethers are so fun! Glad you 3 got to meet up and make gorgeous cards :) - Love that Altenew card - stunning flowers

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, Michele. The wreath is lovely, and your peonys look fabulous in just the colors you used. I am loving those tulips for sure too. So glad you had a good time, and that you had a chance to play with the foiling conundrum.
Looking forward to seeing more of what you and TK did over your 4 day slumber party.

Birgit said...

What a lovely trio of beauties here Michele! Sounds like you all had a marvelous time crafting, chatting and laughing. The menu sounds delightful as well. I hear you're quite the amazing cook. If you cook as well as you create then that is proof positive that you are just amazing all around!

HilaryJane said...

Oh dear, I have got myself a bit behind, but never mind. I have read all the posts I missed and I am here now all p to date. How wonderful to see what the 3 of you made. Each and every one is just perfect. what fun you must have had. Thanks for sharing xx

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness, that delicate, beautiful, wonderful Winged Wreath! I'm a Penny Black-a-holic, though you'd never know as I have stacks still sitting in NBUS. Your peonies are gorgeous in the colors you chose, and they are lifted beautifully by the embossed panel. Finally, that is the cutest clover stencil. It hardly even looks like clover with the way it's partially hidden under your fabulously gorgeous tulips. I dearly love those soft colors. Lunch sounds wonderful. I cannot wait till my friend and I are able to have another crafty day like this. I'll be visiting TK and Marcia in a minute. Thanks Michelle!

lostinpaper said...

I know you had the most amazing time and ate some fabulous food for sure! And what a beautiful collection of cards to share with us, and tulips, who woulda thought lol!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty butterfly wreath! I love the soft pastel colors and the layered circle sentiment! Your peonies are GORGEOUS and look so pretty on the embossed background. Love those tulips! Such pretty colors and shape!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. It sounds like you three had an amazing time crafting, chatting (and eating). Lots of fun. Thanks for sharing our beautiful cards.

Lisa Elton said...

That butterfly wreath had your name written all over it and I sure love what you've done with it! Your pretty peonies pop on the embossed background and the tulips are lovely! Crafting (and eating!) with friends is always the best!

Jeanne said...

Everything about this post is delightful. I love the cards you made. They are gorgeous. But even more, I love that you got to fuel up with a wonderful visit and play time with your friends! Priceless!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such beautiful outcome from a crafty gthering of friends, Michele. I love each card. It is wonderful that even though it is still cold, spring is surely about to be welcomed!

Bobby said...

It is so much fun to see what you each have done and I really like that you all have 'same but different' cards. That butterfly wreath is lovely and very Spring-like in lavender and green, Michele. Bright colored peonies always get my attention and yours are gorgeous. I so hope that I can get together with you and Marcia this summer.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow you are had a beautifully productive day with your friends! Gorgeuos cards and great company I am sure!

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards made from shared goodies at your get-together. Crafting with friends is always a great time!! xx