Friday, March 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #89 Reminder

I hope by now you are all aware that it's HIP to be square - at least it is over at The Flower Challenge #89 - and you have until the 25th of the month to get those cards in our gallery!  


I found another wonderful image from Altenew for my reminder: Book Engravings - stamps, dies, and embossing folder all made it into my cart back during the
inventory reduction sale in December.


I reached for a handful of pretty aquas and greens from my Copic collection:


... then mounted the die cut pieces over top of the embossed image on my 
5" SQUARE card base!


Here's another sentiment from Spellbinders' - A Little Message.

I finished it inside: Big birthdays, deserve BIG wishes!! 

I know just the perfect person with the best sense of humor who will appreciate that one!

Okay!  If you haven't added one or more squares to our gallery yet, you have plenty of time - so what are you waiting for?  Maybe a little more inspiration will help?  You'll find everything you need over at The Flower Challenge blog!

=] Michele

15 comments:

LeAnne said...

Once again, you've outdone yourself! Gorgeous florals, gorgeous colors, gorgeous embossing! LOVE it!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele (love those colors!!) but I'm glad the card isn't for me...I'm NOT having anymore BIG birthdays! Haha! Seriously though, your square card is just so CAS and pretty...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is a pretty set! Love the colors you chose and the simplicity of your design. Marvelous birthday card, Michele!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Michele. Amazing colouring of your blooms and leaves. Beautiful texture from the matching embossed design. xx

Jeanne said...

Oh so beautiful my friend!!

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful, I may need to purchase!!

Bobby said...

That embossed background is so textural behind your beautifully colored flowers, Michele.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, this is soooo beautiful! The combination of die cut stamped image and embossed background is breathtaking. Beautifully colored. A lovely thing to behold!

baileyrosy.com said...

Your colouring is truly stunning !!! and matched to perfection with that beautiful embossing folder.

Marie

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this embossed background and the painted watercolored flowers are fantastic! I didn't realize there was a die to match this embossing folder. Oy, I didn't need to know that!

Vicky Hayes said...

How inspiring you are Michele! I'm running my minds eye over my embossing folders and wondering if I have something to replicate this gorgeous look! Vicky x

donna mikasa said...

All that loveliness on a square card! I have that EF but didn't know there was a matching stamp set. A beautiful pairing!

Cindy Beach said...

I LOVE this card, Michele! I never thought of combining the embossed flowers and the stamped flowers that way, DUH! The colors and sweet sentiment are a beautiful part of this gorgeous work of art!

Stef Perry said...

Aren't those flowers the sweetest to color? I do love the aqua and green, and of course using the embossing folder for the background makes this one stunning creation, Michele! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

it is hip to be square! This is so soft nd pretty!