Thursday, March 21, 2024

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - March 2024

 

Emily's husband brought her the most gorgeous bouquet that became her shared photo as host of Altenew's March 2024 Inspiration Challenge.  I was inspired indeed and thought it was the perfect opportunity to share another new addition to my Altenew stash!

I actually convinced my husband to come craft with me!  He was a natural with stenciling as long as I agreed to finish his card for him - deal!

Using the stamps, stencils, dies, and embossing folder, here is how I finished Tom's beautiful bouquet:


You'll see we used the same basic colors for stenciling - any difference is in the touch, or amount of pressure used.

I kept mine pretty CAS but instead of an embossed panel, I added extra Eucalyptus to my bouquet!


I will be entering Tom's card to the challenge - maybe he will have better luck than I have had lately!  lol

Thanks for stopping by - happy crafting!
=] Michele

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You better watch out or Tom will be moving his work desk into that studio with you! Great job buddy, this pretty card looks like a winner to me! It could quite possibly be a tie because yours is a looker too, Michele!

Marcia Hill said...

Tell Tom I am SO impressed...he did a great job and you finished it off beautifully Michele! And your card is just as beautiful my friend...two lovely, lovely cards and perfect for the challenge!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

How wonderful that Tom sat down with you. I can't see my hubby doing that and I don't think I will ask him as my craft room is a husband free zone! Love both cards especially the first with the embossed background. It works brilliantly xx

JoAnn said...

Wow, Tom's stenciling looks great. Both cards are beautiful and winners in my book.

TK said...

Beautiful! Both you and Tom need to pat each other on the back for the great stencil work, they both made gorgeous cards! Though I am stunned that he actually came in to your studio for a spell, maybe it was all that crafting while I was there and he caught the bug! Could it be? Tell Tom kudos from WA

Jeanne said...

Wow! Tom's stencilling is stellar! How fun that you invited him to craft with you and he accepted! I'll bet that was a wonderful playtime! Your finishing is beautiful! As is your card. Two talented people creating together, priceless. Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I can't wait to hear the back story here. Both cards are gorgeous! Love the colors and the different backgrounds.

Bobby said...

Good for Tom. I bet he loved working with you in the studio, Michele. His stenciling is wonderful and the flowers are lovely on the dark background. I love the added eucalyptus on yours.

lostinpaper said...

Wow, Tom is a natural! Loving both these designs, this bouquet is definitely perfect for the inspiration... can you remember if I have it too?

Bonnie said...

I LOVE the embossing on the teal card that shows off Tom's beautiful bouquet! And I LOVE your bouquet with the extra eucalyptus that all shows off beautifully on the white background! You are a talented pair, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Love them both...GO TOM!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, they're both jaw-dropping gorgeous! What fun to have Tom stencil with you. Maybe there will be more play dates ahead. I can't pick a favorite. I love the colors on both, the deeply embossed background on the first, and the added eucalyptus on the second. The second really is lush. What beautiful stamps!

baileyrosy.com said...

Tom is a natural but I'm sure you gave him a few pointers he did a great job. Both cards are beautiful so wishing you both good look with the challenge.

Marie