Monday, July 3, 2023

Stenciling 'back-to-back' with Marcia!

Marcia and I had a wonderful time in her craft room last Wednesday - giving one of the wonderful items she won from Pinkfresh Studios recently a first-inking while stenciling back-to-back!  [Oh, I was very strict about the no-fair-peeking rule! Ha!]

Marcia stamped two of these Pretty Blossom images for each of us and made us lunch while the ink set - I'm sure she'd agree that eating is half the fun of gathering together - a yummy taco salad was on the menu and man oh man was it good!

Okay - you came for the cards and I'm here to oblige...  card 1:

Borrowed from Marcia's Catherine Pooler stash: 
Sauna, and Tiara for the yellows, 
Mandarin Spice, and Coral Cabana for the pinks, 
Eucalyptus, and Green Tea for the leaves.  
When all the stenciling was done, the panel was die-cut with the coordinating die.

When I arrived back at home, I blended a panel with Sea Glass ink, added
thin foam squares on the back of the stenciled panel and popped it up.
A few PF Sky blue jewels and my card was ready for the sentiment - this one
from HoneyBee Stamps called Big Time Kindness with its die.


Card 2:

Same stencil, same inks but applied differently, and an embossed background...


After blending some ink, I embossed it with an old folder that creates 
these raised stripes - perfect for spotting the glue and gives a little dimension without all those foam squares!  I splattered my panel with perfect pearls mixed with water and the leftover ink in the lid - not much impact, but it's there.



There you go!  Two cards and a wonderful day with my sweet friend!
Can't think of a thing that makes me happier!  OH, I know - seeing how Marcia finished her stenciled panels!!   Let's go!  Thanks, Marcia!
=] Michele

15 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

They're both GORGEOUS Michele...from the lovely colors you chose to stencil with to the simple but oh so effective background panels and sentiments! They both truly stand out as bold beauties!! As always, it was such a fun day...I just LOVE and treasure our play times together! Thank you sweet friend for sharing the day with me! BTW...the payday bars are gone and were delicious!! Hugs. :0)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! This card is just so cheerful! 😊

Diane said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous, I have an addiction to stenciled cards and I think it is so fun for you two to get together, my friend that creates cards that used to live close to me just moved back to Michigan after living 12 years in Arizona, as soon as she gets settled in I hope we can do the same as you and Marcia (and eat too LOL)!!! BTW, THANK YOU so much for the nice strawberry card you sent me, I LOVE it and it was such a nice surprise to receive it, it is so pretty and summery!! Sorry it took me so log to thank you but it has been crazy here with selling and getting our things moved from the lake home and then figuring what I am going to do with it all! Have a nice day, now I'm headed over to Marcia's to see what she created!!

lostinpaper said...

I am addicted to stencils with coordinating stamps right now... but add dies too and it's a total match made in heaven. GREAT way to add dimension and save on foam tape, I WILL be trying this my friend, thank you x

Bonnie said...

The two different looks are amazing using the same stencils and colors of ink! Love both of these!

Cat Craig said...

Both are fabulous, Michele…and I bet that salad was great too. Good company makes everything better.

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like another fun day for the two of you! These are both extra pretty, Michele. I think the first with the soft sea glass background is my favorite!

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous! The flowers are mouth-watering, as I am sure the salad was too!

Leslie Miller said...

I love your back-to-back get togethers with Marcia! The taco salad sounds delish, and I heard you took Payday bars. Homemade, I'm sure. I probably have the same recipe and they taste just like Payday! Beautiful colors on these two cards, Michele. I really like how you used the embossed background to add a hint of dimension.

Linda said...

So fun to get together and stamp with a blogging friend. Colleen, (One Smiles Lifts a Spirit) and I are planning a play day this Thursday. Wish we could get together more often than we do. Both cards are so beautiful, but my favorite is the second one.

Bobby said...

You got such a different look just by reversing the colors, Michele, and both cards are lovely. I do think I love them cut and popped up with a soft inked background.

Linda Callahan said...

You two crafting together are the dynamic duo! And you created a dynamic duo - beautiful cards!

Brenda said...

Geez Louise, how do I get so far behind so quickly?!! Well I'm here to catch up...again. How fun that you and Marcia got together to get crafty! Your lunch sounded so yummy and is always just as fun as the gathering to make beautiful things. Wow, wow, wow, these cards are just gorgeous! What a wonderful win for Marcia! I love how cheerful and sunny you made these cards be. They will definitely put a smile on the faces of who receives them! Hugs, Brenda

Birgit said...

You two just have way too much fun when you're together and we get to reap the benefits of your beautiful creations when you both post your projects. These are both stunning, Michele! I love the colors you chose for those beautiful blooms. sounds like it was a marvelous day together!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

How fun to have an in person play date with lunch!!!! Your cards are gorgeous. Such different looks with different background inks. And what a treat to have all of those CP inks to choose from!