Monday, July 31, 2023

Christmas in July with ASD

It will come as no surprise that I found a new Poinsettia to add to my collection!  This beauty from Alex Syberia Designs: Festive Poinsettia is a stunner!  

For its premier I chose to stamp and stencil first - in gorgeous oranges!  



I fussy-cut it out and popped it up on Altenew's embossed Poinsettias!  The Happy Holidays sentiment is just one of many in the set - I can't wait to get my hands on the coordinating die, but until then I like it heat embossed in Ranger Princess Gold on this strip.  Is it bad that I couldn't throw away that little snipped leaf?

Next, I couldn't help but watercolor it in shades of red...


Distress inks always stay so bright!


Another bit of fussy-cutting and then popped up over a Waffle Flower Craft Nesting Square Frame cut from white... I just love the 'handwritten' look of ASD's sentiments!

Okay, that's it for my Christmas in July cards - I haven't given up on making them though as I have a long way to go before my list is complete!

I'll be having Tom choose the winner of that Waffle Flower Craft Grip Mat from a little bowlful of all your names tonight!  Watch for my announcement tomorrow - and thanks so much for every bit of kindness you left for me!

=] Michele

23 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous poinsettia design! I love both of the cards you created! Beautiful color combos!

Cindy C. said...

Both so gorgeous!! I love all sorts of color on the Poinsettia, but red always win!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

These are amazing! Kudos 👍

Bonnie said...

Another GORGEOUS poinsettia to add to your collection and beautifully colored twice! Love that wandering leaf on the first card that accentuates the beautiful sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

THUD..... okay, I've collected myself. SPECTACULAR cards... that orange poinsettia, WOWZA!! Fingers crossed, Tom!!

Marcia Hill said...

Both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Michele, but the orange one really steals my heart! Such an easy stencil to use too, and I am also having fun with it! I didn't buy the die either, but it looks like it should be easy enough to fussy cut out! I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you do with it!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Wow! Gorgeous! These are really beautiful, Michele, each so perfectly special

Linda Callahan said...

Oh such a glorious bloom no matter how you show it - stamped, stenciled or popped up!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, gorgeous!!

Diane said...

Wow, these are stunners, the prettiest Poinsettia I have seen!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Michele. Love the color choices.

marilyn said...

The orange poinsettia really speaks to me...just lovely!!

Leslie Miller said...

Of course you couldn't resist the poinsettia and this one is absolutely beautiful! I love your choice of colors on the first. Fabulous embossed background and that little leaf peeking in from the side makes a nice accent. Your watercoloring on the second card is top notch in the rich red, perfectly framed and I do love that script!

HilaryJane said...

I can see why you love this stamp set, that poinsettia is stunning. Love that the little bit of leaf sneaked back onto the card xx

lostinpaper said...

hahaha not surprised at all my friend lol. In fact when I saw this gorgeous set I immediately thought of you... and me! LOVE your designs and I can't wait to get home and play with mine a little more too!

Lisa Ainscough said...

Love them both so much!

Nora Noll said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I like that you used that Altenew embossing folder in the back. I still cannot find mine!! I looked everywhere!!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You do have a way with poinsettias! Love both of these!

Bobby said...

I was blown away when I first saw that poinsettia and now you've blown me away again, Michele. Both cards are absolutley gorgeous!!!! I really want to get that stamp/die/stencil so I'm saving my money.

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow, you certainly did find a beautiful poinsettia to add to your collection Michele! I love it stenciled, so beautiful is your card and no, you couldn't waste that leaf I agree! LOL Your is equally gorgeous, love the colors you chose and love that you popped up the layers on both cards. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

The ASD's Festive Poinsettia stamp is a stunner, and so are YOUR Poinsettia cards, Michele! The embossed background, the white splatters, and the little part of a leaf on the bottom left are all wonderful touches. Great job watercoloring the Poinsettia for the second card. It looks dimensional and gorgeous!
Hideko xx

Karren said...

Firstly, this poinsettia stamps is a stunner and you have made it even more stunning with these gorgeous cards! Your watercoloring is amazing!

baileyrosy.com said...

Your colouring is next level both are stunning as is your fussy cutting.How do you do it !!.

Marie