Saturday, July 8, 2023

Altenew Inspiration Challenge July 2023

 


Michelle Short's gorgeous Hydrangeas had me reaching for my watercolor brushes again for Altenew's Inspiration Challege: July 2023!  Remember, I seldom get flowers on my own!  I also had another new set from Altenew: Japanese Anemone.  The outline stamp gave me plenty of nooks and crannies in which to add some of those pretty pinks and periwinkle blues of Michelle's blooms!  If you look very closely at this closeup of Michelle's photo, you'll find the reason why I had to bring a little grey into my card today!


I achieved that grey by using a panel of Altenew's Woodgrain Powder cardstock and blending on some Distress Oxide Hickory Smoke ink with a sponge dauber.


Along with the stamps and die I bought the stencils - here is my first attempt using them... [with a new little 'toy' that Waffle Flower sent to me to play with - more about that during a fun hop later this month!]


However, this new Grip Mat is available for Pre-order NOW over at 
Waffle Flower Crafts -
I LOVE IT!!  and there is no residue on the back of the panel.


The inspiration for this card was found right in the Altenew packaging - a great way to get a feel for the layers in the stencil set.

I better get my card over to Altenew before I forget - thanks so much for spending a bit of your weekend with me!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully crafted Michele. Love them all. I'm behind on commenting, playing catch up.

lostinpaper said...

Wow! You certainly know how to rock those Altenew flowers my friend! Love them both but that grey one... you knocked it out of the ball park!

Leslie Miller said...

So much pretty to look at here, Michele! Your watercoloring in the pretty pink and periwinkle is absolutely divine, and I always love woodgrain with flowers. The flowers look wonderful with the stenciled color and mesh for back up. Can't go wrong with yellow in my book!

Marcia Hill said...

These are both sooooo pretty Michele!! I love the water coloring on the first one...is it water colored AND stenciled? I wasn't quite sure from your post, but either way I love the look! And the 2nd card is just as pretty and am loving the soft colors too! I did order one of the grip mats from Waffleflower that will fit right into my mini misti and I'm excited for it to come and try out! I hate the sticky stuff that is left on the back of my cardstock on the one sticky mat I have, so I'm glad to hear this new one doesn't do that!! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

Two beautiful cards Michele! Such lovely water coloring on the first card and I love the woodgrain background. Rustic and elegance truly go hand in hand. The lighter flowers on the slimline card are stunning! Love the lightness you achieved in coloring them.

Jeanne said...

So very pretty, Michele! Goodness, you have a beautiful way with color and small details that bring your cards to vibrant life. Thank you so much for sharing.

Brenda said...

Those hydrangea blooms are stunning in the inspiration photo. Love how you drew those same colors out for your card Michele, even the gray wood! Love that gray wood background! Your gorgeous flowers pop off of it. Your water coloring is so pretty, so professional looking. You are very good at it Michele! I think Waffle Flower has all kinds of "grip" mats, this one looks pretty cool looking. Love your second card as much as I love your first one. Those anemone flowers are so pretty and perfect for watercoloring! Love the colors on this one as well. The stenciling is so cool looking behind the flowers. Love both of these! Hugs, Brenda

HilaryJane said...

Two amazing cards. Love the watercolouring on the first and the stencilled background on the second. Looking forward to hearing more about the grip mats xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are pretty! While I love your first with you fabulous gray base, the second is my favorite. The soft stenciled background really sets those blooms off!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both gorgeous cards, Michele. The woodgrain looks amazing as a stage for your pinkish/purplish blooms, and the stencil you used for the second looks fantastic in the background as well. Love the subtle coloring on those blooms.

Vicki Dutcher said...

These are just gorgeous! Aren’t free products fun 😀

Bonnie said...

WOW! Both of these are so pretty, Michele! I can't decide whether I like the pink/purple flowers best or the white with the yellow background. I can't wait to hear about this Waffle Flower sticky pad. I've tried some others and not had good luck with getting the cardstock off when I was done and hate that residue that stays behind.

Bobby said...

I've just added that anemone to my wish list, Michele. They are beautiful in the pinky purple but I love the white ones with the stenciling in the background. The grip mat is on my wish list too. I had a sticky mat that didn't stay sticky and that was frustrating.

TK said...

BEAUTIFUL! Both cards are gorgeous, pretty flowers, colors and textures -- very nice, Michele! And you're not the first positive feedback I've heard about those Grip Mats...

Cindy C. said...

Wow both so pretty! My very own Japanese Anemone stamp set is on the way, can't wait to ink it up!!

baileyrosy.com said...

What a difference colour makes. Two stunning cards you are such an artist and really bring the stamps to life.

Marie