Thursday, July 20, 2023

MORE Betterpress!

I promised you more Betterpress and I'm here to deliver!  The first pressings were so beautiful I just didn't want to mess around with their [near] perfection - inking those teensy sentiments can be tricky, but worth the effort! Take a look at these...


This Floral Engravings press plate from Altenew can be turned and placed every which way and each way seems right in the sweet spot!  The top pale grey, and bottom white are the very first pressings out of the box!  Left and Right center are pressed onto some of that gorgeous cotton paper my friend Neha sent me last year - it took the ink beautifully, but the impression isn't as deep because the paper is a bit thinner.  HOWEVER!  It took my water coloring perfectly!  Thanks again, Neha!




Naturally, when I showed this to Tom, he said thank you! Such confidence!

My friend Therese used colored pencils on one of her pressings - can't wait to try that out!

If you're having trouble getting your hands on one of these Betterpress machines, be sure to sign up to get a notification when they are available at any and all shops!  It is a very small investment for this much gratification!

Thanks for the visit!  Your comments always make me...
=] Michele

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

These beauties are tempting me, my friend! Beautiful colored or left plain and the sentiments are awesome!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy, there is a whole lot of pretty happening here! Your colored version is just marvelous. Looking forward to more!

TK said...

Beautiful! Love the purple added to the one card, but each is very pretty in its own way!

Jeanne said...

So happy this is living up to your expectations and you are having such beautiful success with it! Lovely work. Thanks so much for sharing, Michele. Have a happy day!

LeAnne said...

These are really, really pretty, Michele! I wish I had more descriptive words to describe them because "stunning" doesn't seem big enough!

Leslie Miller said...

So much gorgeousness going on here, Michele! A beautiful stamp on its own, but with texture and watercoloring... dreamy!

Marcia Hill said...

I love the water colored one so much Michele, but even the simply inked ones are gorgeous!! Can't wait for mine to come...hopefully tomorrow or Monday!! And I love that Tom thought it was for him...such confidence is right!!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

They are all beautiful and I can imagine how satisfying it is to see the perfect print with that lovely impression xx

Cat Craig said...

Such a stunning effect, Michele. Beautiful.

Karen said...

Every one of these is great, and I especially love the watercolored one! I spent some time last night doing several panels, and finally figured out that with my Platinum Six, it was best to remove one of the three shims.

Brenda said...

Ugh!!!! I've said I don't want or need this new machine, but you are making it very hard to resist Michele! I love the impressions you are getting! I didn't realize those sentiment were also pressed it to the paper as well. Wow! I'm so impressed! Your card is gorgeous, but I expect no less from you. Every card you make is gorgeous! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Four beauties, Michele. The watercoloring is fabulous but it's great when you can leave them uncolored and still have a beautiful card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I feel another purchase coming on. How gorgeous this is. What a wonderful effect.