Monday, July 21, 2014

Fusion

Who couldn't be inspired by this photo?  I wanted to dive right into it, those cupcakes look divine!  Fusion French Cupcakes provided a full afternoon of inspiration for me yesterday =]


First up?  Of course, the cupcake!  The script print on the vase brought to mind one of my favorite embossing folders.  This time I used a lovely leftover of watercolor paper which frames my little cupcake perfectly.  The cardstock is Vintage Cream, from PTI, which works perfectly with WC paper.  Paper Smooches dies  [flowers & scalloped circle] and stamps for the little "fondant" flowers, and sentiment.  That wonderful little cupcake is a Bitsy from Basic Grey called Cakes - I do hope it's still available as it has many ways of decorating the cupcake that I think you'll love, and a sentiment that reads:  "Keep calm, eat a cupcake!"  My philosophy, exactly =]

                   In culinary school, we spent many days working with fondant to create flowers
 [and fishing lures, in my case - see Tom's hat a few posts back in A Little Fishy =]
 

Next up?  The sketch!

10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele, this is truly the MOST beautiful and realistic cupcake I have ever seen on a card. I am imagining you creating this like it is a real cupcake--gorgeous and when we get together you might teach me how to decorate cupcakes beautifully like this!

~amy~ said...

super SWEET!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, the pinks look amazing, love the embossed BG :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!

Taunya Butler said...

Wow - you have been busy and I love that cupcake - looks good enough to eat!! So watch out - if it disappears I could be the guilty party!! I am so impressed with you girl, you are rocking these challenges!! Keep it up!!

Nancy Penir said...

Gorgeous card, Michele! I'm suddenly craving fondant!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you focused on the yummy cupcakes - yours is lovely with the layered blooms - so pretty framed in the embossed text! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Challenge Michele!

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty, very sweet and elegant!!!

Jeanne J. said...

OMG! Drop dead gorgeous! Looks good enough to eat! Candy for my eyes!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Stunning, I love just the touch of color!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

ps- thanks for playing with us at Fusion!