Tuesday, October 8, 2024

New Penny Black stuff!

Hello, my friends!  I was very happy to add a few of the new goodies from Penny Black's Round II Christmas release.  Here are the products I used for today's cards: 

    3D Berries Abound embossing folder
    3D Berries Abound cutting die
    3D Berries Abound coloring stencils


I die-cut these 3D Berries from watercolor cardstock, 
then embossed the image before stenciling.

I was happy to get a pretty good monoprint from the leafy stencil layer:


It doesn't make a huge impact, but at least I didn't waste that ink
and I get to play with the wonderful Group of Seven!


This sentiment is one of many from PB's Joy & Warmth set...
here's another...


And my second card was inspired by the view outside my window!


I'm quite sure this is the very first time I've peeled/rolled the edge of my watercolor cardstock as Jill Foster often does - this decision was made AFTER the card was finished - can you imagine how nervous I was??

Before I cleaned up, I just HAD to emboss one in all pure white... doesn't it 
look like plasterwork?


My heavy white cardstock was spritzed quite well with water before
embossing.  I decided I liked the curve of the warping!


A Betterpress-ed sentiment from my stash, and my playtime came to an end.

But don't worry - there were a few more items in that order! wink.
=] Michele

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow, beautiful cards. Love the deep texture of the embossing, especially on the all-white card. Glad you were able to get your monoprint from the stenciling as it is lovely too.

Marcia Hill said...

These are just STUNNING cards Michele! The ink blending/stenciling is beautiful and I just love the depth & dimension you get from the embossing folder! I even like the curled up edges!! A trio of loveliness my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

Holy guacamole are these ever beautiful! I adore the sentiment on your first card. Incredible makes, Michele!

Jeanne said...

Wow!! Gorgeous cards, Michele! Elegant and festive. Thank you for sharing!

Birgit said...

Beautiful cards, Michele! Each one is just as stunning as the next. What a beautiful set from PB.

lostinpaper said...

ALL of these are incredible Michele... gotta say I am bit partial to the pure white version!