Thursday, April 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #90

How many ways can one add layers to a card?  We're open to just about any way or number of layers, as long as there are flowers involved!  Are you ready to layer up your cards?  That is our theme for The Flower Challenge #90!


I found a really lovely press plate from Spellbinders in my stash to use for a simple layered card.  My Four Petal Sunflower Frame was pressed in black Betterpress ink which makes water coloring a possibility.  

Here is a closeup and how I've used one of my Four Petal dies from 
Spellbinders' to cut my sentiment...


I fussy-cut my Sunflower frame for layer one
pressed and die-cut my Betterpress-ed sentiment for layer two -
both lifted with some thin foam squares.


I can't wait to see how my teammates have layered their florals - let's go together, shall we?  Then I hope you'll play along - we love it when you do!
=] Michele

17 comments:

LeAnne said...

This sunflower card matches our skies today---SUNNY! FINALLY! Love all your layers and your sentiment is spot on!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE how you turned the sentiment die, Michele! That was the second thing I noticed. The first was those gorgeous sunflowers!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning! Jo x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with those lovely sunflowers. Love all the layers and your coloring.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a pretty press plate! This is beautiful and your fussy cutting is marvelous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Wishing you a beautiful day Michele. This card would make anyone's day beautiful! xo

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...love this card Michele! Those sunflowers are just gorgeous in a frame and you've colored them beautifully too! Love how you captured the depth of the press plate too for both the sun flowers and the sentiment. Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

TK said...

Beautiful! Love the sunflowers of course, I've had my eye on these... your beautiful card makes it even harder to resist.

Jeanne said...

So very pretty, Michele. Lovely layers of beauty!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Sunflowers are just so special, as is this beauty of a card. If fussy cutting was an olympic sport, you would get the gold.

HilaryJane said...

Just gorgeous. Now I can't wait for summer to see real sunflowers flowering xx

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful sunflower frame with your lifted layers. The texture of the pressed image shows up perfectly in your photo. Your clean white card is simply full of wonderful sunny color and I love it!

Vikki H said...

Love your sunflower card with the lovely blue to bring out the yellows~

lostinpaper said...

Look at all those lovely layers... beautiful my friend x

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful sunflowers - and I am loving the soft blue layers with them!

Cat Craig said...

That blue wash adds a nice touch to your lovely sunflowers.

Bobby said...

With all those lovely flowers it HAS to be a beautiful day, Michele.