Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Paper Players #683 Tic-tac-toe!

When I saw the tic-tac-toe board from Paper Players #683 on LeAnne's blog Sunday, I knew I'd sneak in a little crafty time this week!  

I have a fun die that has hardly seen the light of day - that fun-fold square snuck its way into my choices from their top line:  designer paper*, die cut, and ribbon!  You'll see what I mean... here are my supplies...


These darling Nordic Flower Heads were a prize from Poppy Stamps 
on Instagram - yay!  Thanks, Poppy Stamps!


Here is that fun-fold I mentioned - the perfect spot for ribbon, too... 
Pinkfresh Studios: A-2 Slider:


All that is necessary to make this mechanism seamless is to remember to keep all the 'adhesive' on the middle portion of the outside section that folds up to reveal a spot for a secret message!  This Big Happy Bday die is from The Stamp Market, which I embellished with those Nordic Flowers.  The secret sentiment is from my Casual Bouquets Kit from Altenew - which I white heat embossed onto vellum.

Our travel plans were interrupted by an appointment that was completely forgotten - but we are making the best of it with little day trips - Godzilla x King Kong at the IMAX for instance!  Neither of us really wanted to see it - but it was fun, and the popcorn was great!

Hope you're having a fun week, too, wherever you are!
=] Michele

*TK brought me a fun little package of papers - including the basket of flowers in the pocket - thank you, friend! They were the perfect weight for that slider!

Thanks, Cynthia at Paper Players! Such an honor!

18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Lovely fun fold card, Michele. Glad you are making the most of the plan change.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is oodles of fun and so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen that nifty die before. Love the papers you used. Sometimes those little day trips are the best! Glad you two are having fun XO

Loll said...

I'm always in awe of fun fold cards and this is no exception, Michele. So cool how the die-cut sentiment pops up when you pull the tab. The colours and papers you've used are so pretty! xx

Jeanne said...

Okay, have to share that my feed reader, Feedly(which apparently uses Feedly AI) posted a line at the top of your feed that it found one company in the body of your post, Turkish Airlines. What? That's goofy. I'm wondering how it determined that from the text of your post. The only thing I can think of is the word travel. I just thought it was funny. Your card is not funny, it's fabulous! The colors are lovely and spring like. Interactive cards are always fun! Thanks for sharing, Michele! Glad the popcorn was good, but not sure even that can make up for Godzilla x King Kong. My husband found possibly a verson of that movie on TV the other night and I don't think the best popcorn in the world could have made it fun to watch. LOL Have fun on your day trips!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a FUN card. The papers are gorgeous and coordinate beautifully. By your tip about the adhesive, I am wondering if you came by that knowledge with experience of the sticky kind!

Marcia Hill said...

Definitely a FUN fold Michele, and a sweet, sweet birthday card with the additions of the die cut sentiment, the dsp, and Nordic flowers...LOVE it! Bummer about the appointment that messed up the road trip, but glad to hear you are finding fun things to do daily! Enjoy!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is fabulous! What a "fun" fun fold! These colors are right up my alley and that big bold sentiment and little pocket is da bomb! Hmmmm...Godzilla and King Kong? I am glad it was worth the popcorn, LOL!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderfully engineered card, Michele! The papers, the layers, and colors all come together perfectly on this gorgeous creation!

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, Michele! And that paper is so pretty! Fun folds boggle my mind and impress me because I can't seem to fold straight. I'm sorry your trip was canceled but glad you are making the most of your vacation. Movie Theater popcorn is the best!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, how fun and cute! I'm just loving it all over. One would never expect the surprise that shows when you pull the tab. Darn appointments! We go through spells when there are far too many of them. Day trips are fun, though. Our Monday was one of those that all three of us enjoyed. It ended with a good dinner and a very tired Sophie!

lostinpaper said...

WOW! Love it Michele, what a 'Fun fold' fun-fold card!! And now we need to see it in action...

Linda Callahan said...

Well this is the sweetest little birthday card ever! Adorable - and fun!

TK said...

Terrific card, and darling papers (oh my)! I love the slider and sweet inner sentiment, a perfect card.

Glad you enjoyed a few day trips! And each other 😁

Bobby said...

A pull-out and easel all in one card! Great job, Michele. The papers are soft and oh so lovely, just like the sentiment says.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This card definitely puts the "fun" in fun fold, Michele! What a great little surprise when the slider moves up! I love the papers and the colors. Thank you for playing in my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

I think this is such a fantastic card, so pretty. Sorry your travel plans were interrupted but Godzilla vs. King Kong and movie popcorn--a win win! I love your roll with it nature my friend! xoxo

Cynthia Stevenson said...

So, so pretty! I love this fun fold and the way that you have the sentiment folding too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fantastic card, Michele! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!