Monday, April 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #90 - Reminder!

Just me with a friendly reminder that you have until the 25th to get your own floral layers into our gallery at The Flower Challenge!

There are a whole new batch of layered beauties on our blog for inspiration - and here is one from me, too!  This one has those gorgeous Altenew Climber Flowers - they just never get old!


Cut from two shades of peach and layered up with some 'trimmings' leaves and vines in two shades of green from my snippets I put them all together onto a Slim Label, and popped the whole shebang onto a panel of Desert Storm card that I embossed with my HoneyBee Dogwood Blooms folder.  Another Betterpress-ed sentiment from their A Little Message sentiment set.  ALL that on a little 3.5 x 6" card!


And VOILA!  That's as pretty a reminder as I can offer today!  I just know you can do better, and I'll be watching for those in our gallery!  Hurry now - there's even time to make two! Check out all the team reminders HERE - so pretty!
=] Michele

19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful flowers and a lovely, lovely embossed background Michele! Your color choices are so pretty...I'd love a birthday card like this!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous from the deeply embossed background and white label to the beautiful shades of peach on the flower!

Leslie Miller said...

Gaspworthy beauty on your mini-slimline, Michele! Ohhhh, those lovely flowers and the dogwood-embossed background... I like the Desert Storm with peach and green. Your card is sculptured to perfection!

HilaryJane said...

Such a clever use of colour and texture on this one. I am going to have to look up that embossing folder now. You always do that to me! Love it xx

Lisa Elton said...

Those climber flowers are pretty but it's your embossed background that has me smitten! Fabulous layered card, Michele!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning!

JoAnn said...

Such a pretty card. Love the pretty flower and embossed background. Great colors too.

Linda Callahan said...

That embossed panel is so rich! Beautiful card!

TK said...

Stunning card, Michele! Love the stunning peach flower on your mini slim card -- so striking!

lostinpaper said...

Lovely, beautiful, stunning, droolworthy... what else can I say!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous reminder! Wow!

Birgit said...

This is stunning Michele! What gorgeous colored flowers!! The slim label makes me think of an old door knob plate. Our front door had beautiful old ornate knob plates in the house I grew up in. The embossed background sets this all off perfectly.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh Michele, this is JUST SO GORGEOUS... every single piece of it is perfect - the background, the crisp, white label, that beautiful flower, the sentiment. I could not love it more.

Bobby said...

Your Desert Storm shows up much more elegant than mine does, Michele. It goes perfectly with the peach climbers and that embossing really stands out.

Vicky Hayes said...

Well that is such a pretty reminder Michele! I adore the embossed background and the kraft and crisp white with peach and green colour palette is gorgeous! Vicky x

Stef Perry said...

All that on a mini slim card and it definitely knocks a punch, Michele! Such pretty die cut florals and you've reminded me that I need to dust of that pretty ef. Love the colors on kraft. This is one gorgeous creation!

Stef Perry said...

PS Love your new avatar!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful layering and my favorite colors, too! Perfect design on a slimline.

Cindy Beach said...

I could look at this forever. From the gorgeous colors to the lovely layers and texture, it is a beauty! The card size is a great choice to highlight the elements. Way to go, Michele!