Friday, November 23, 2018

Simple as ABC Day 1

Remember those teachers that just had to assign a term paper over the holidays?  Never my favorite … until today!



Therese Calvird has given us a darling assignment for homework Day 1 … die cut lettering!
 
Here's my homework:


I've chosen to stop at three words - my granddaughter's name - in honor of a little song I used to sing to her when she was wee … a play on words from "You, you, you.  I'm in love with you!" that my mom used to sing to me!! 

You can fully see that I'll be getting points off for the wonky alignment … she's 11 and [hopefully] will not notice! lol  I must remember to allow for variation in the height of the letters next time - lesson learned!

Normally, I would have chosen white, but by the time this gets delivered, we will have had enough of the white stuff 'round here!  and roses in December will be a welcome treat, too!

Off to complete Day 2 homework - which will also be late!  Yikes!  Are you attending Therese's class at Altenew?  I don't think it's ever too late to sign up!

=]  Michele 

BTW!!!  have you seen the sales today???  must run... Clearance and Gratitude are my favorite words!

14 comments:

Brenda said...

I just knew this was yours (I'm doing this class also, just a bit behind). Beautiful take on the technique!

lostinpaper said...

She is going to adore this gorgeous personalised design Michele, and your choice of bright colours would certainly brighten anybodies day. Big Hugs and an A+ from the teacher lol.

TK said...

I love your card, wonky or not! Actually I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out! I was too enamored by your die inlaid, and two words on top with those adorable flowers to notice such nonsense!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lucky little girl... a song, a pretty card and a pretty grandma too!! She's going to love this!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I looked at the card closely and I still don't see the wonky alignment you're talking about, Michele.
Such a great bright color combo and you're a sweet grandma for her.
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Well, I don't see wonky alignment on those alphas...I see a fabulous font and gprgeous blooms, Michele! What a great way to personalize a card for your granddaughter...I love it! And, now I really have to buy this set of dies :)

Jeanne said...

I wouldn't dare mark off for this gorgeous piece. Love the color, that you used your sweet granddaughter's name, the beautiful flowers, every detail. What a loving grandmother you are. Hugs!

Linda Callahan said...

A+ on your homework for sure! Delightful card!

Aileen said...

fabulous card, love the play on words and that wonderful green, perfect. Hugs Nanny Banny (a play on words from my granddaughter)

Sharron said...

What a sweet card and your granddaughter should love how you personalized it just for her!

Anita in France said...

Bold and deliciously vibrant, Michele ... I'm sure Drew is as stylish as her Grandma ... so she'll love every little bit of it! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

So glad you are enjoying the class...off to see more homework. Catching up.

Bobby said...

Drew will love it, Michele. I didn't know you had so many alpha dies. I am sorely lacking. If I hadn't already spent my allowance I'd be ordering some now.

BeverlyBL said...

I have a granddaughter, Drew, as well. Aaaand I know that song. I'll have to sing it to her. We often call her Scooby- Drew. I think your card turned out great, not at all wonky.