Thursday, November 15, 2018

Inspired By #46... classy Christmas

Laurel has treated us to a really wonderful IB photo this week... pffftt - doesn't she always?  the possibilities for inspiration are endless in this photo!  Guess what my  little eye spied?

 
Two versions of the same card were made … you know my love of CAS … needless to say, this guy [did you spot him?] was the main attraction:
 
 
You'll have to run over to the Inspired By #46 challenge post to see which one of these made the cut... version no. 1...
 

 
Nothing but shades of my favorite color - grey - and your imagination to see the sparkle, or no. 2...
 

No matter which one makes the cut, I'll be checking out YOUR linked up little works of art in the Inspired By #46 gallery!
 
=]  Michele
 
love that texture?  It's my newest embossing folder from Stampin' Up... thanks Amanda!  My Mr. Moose is a Gina Marie Designs die, cut from a wonderful gold paper from Michael's.  The snow die for my pale grey moon is from Ellen Hutson, LLC. cut from a 3" circle of Oyster Gray, set onto a base of Slate Gray card stock. The tree is from TCP, decorated with Walter's Sparkly Shaker Selection sequins from Lucy's cards sequins.  Joy by Altenew from their Poinsettia set.


15 comments:

~amy~ said...

beautiful! I love both versions. I must check out that EF!

Danni Reid said...

Absolutely brilliant, gorgeous, classy and CAS!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that moose is fabulous against all that wonderful gray! I picked a car and am now off to see if I was right on which one you put in the gallery!

Patti said...

Wow!! I love the design and colors you used! and hiding the "messy nest" behind the vellum was brilliant girlie!! : )

Patti said...

Oops I commented on the wrong place for your CAS(E) card sorry...

Inspired by..... post:

Oh yeah! classy Christmas!! love them both. I had a hard time guessing which one you went with! I bet you had a hard time deciding too they are both perfect and perfect for the challenge!!

I DO love that new SU EF!! I will tell Bob to blame you for enabling me! : )

conil said...

Dayang, girl...classy is right. That grey must have come out and smacked you between the eyes. Normally, now a gold lover, but even I can fall in love with these cards.

Cat Craig said...

Oh wow, you are batting 1000 again. These are fabulous. I love that texture EF such a fab look.

Lisa Elton said...

Yep, I spotted that little guy right away! Love how you've given him center stage on your cards. The subtle embossing on your layers is fabulous!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love all the fabulous texture on the simple die-cut elements, Michele! So sophisticated and stylish! I especially love the first card - not explaining too much about the inspiration photo (Do I make myself understood?)
Hideko xx

Sharron said...

Oh my, love the embossing, the perfect layers and that adorable moose--just stunning!

Karren said...

Perfect CAS cards that generate such a serene and peaceful feeling!

Jeanne said...

Your cards sure do bring me joy, Michele. I did see the moose! And I am so impressed with how you incorporated him onto your card. You sure have some lovely gray cardstock in your stash. Grays can be hard to use, in my experience. Or I just don't have the correct shades. Anyway, I really like both versions of the card. PS, I double checked and I know which version you used. I kind of had a sneak peek before I got to this post. ;) Hugs!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS cards, Michele! You really know how to work your embossing folders and talk about how you played with this color palette...WOW! Love all the texture on the moose, too!

Anita in France said...

Yep, knew your eye would be taken by that handsome guy, Michele ... whichever scene he's wandering onto, he's brilliant in his subtle gold coat against all the yummy grey and white! Hugs, Anita :)

Ivana Camdzic said...

I love both! Such a beautiful and classy design. The colors are perfect. I looooove the snowy circle so much!