Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Playing Cards with Friends - Cindy Beach!

With a surname like my friend Cindy's of  Stamps, Paper, and Ink, what do you think I'd choose for my theme this month?  hmmm - go ahead take a guess...

If you guessed fun at the beach, you're absolutely right!!  lol  I was so happy Cindy Beach accepted my invitation to play cards!  Cindy is a fabulous card maker, and fellow Inspired By Challenge design team member!  We get to play cards once a week - how fun is that?

Today is National World Oceans Day* and we are celebrating it with only one parameter:  our cards must reflect something one might see, or an activity one might do, AT the beach, in the ocean, or a big old lake like the one near me! 

I have pulled out one of my all-time favorite Waffle Flower combo sets:  Sandy Toes, to make my card today.  Time to show you, and Cindy, my card!  I even pulled out my old Dymo label maker for a fun sentiment...

I really love to use the original Distress inks for water coloring, don't you?

The colors are so bright, even when watered down. I just stamp them onto an acrylic block and use an aqua painter to bring the color to my stamped, and heat embossed, images.



I thought these WF's Nesting postage dies give this card a little 'post cards from the beach' vibe!  I cut them from the same TH water color card stock, and gave them a little beach sand color.  I was too lazy to drive to the beach for some sand!

Thanks, Cindy!  I had a blast Playing Cards with you, and hope you did too!  xx

Okay.  Who's ready to join me to see what fun Cindy had at the beach??  Last one there ...

=]  Michele

*there are some fun activities for National Ocean Day if you follow the link above!

21 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

I LOVE this set and your fabulous card! The postage stamps add so much to the fun vibes of these playful images. Your sentiment is perfect for this little scene. Wish we could be running to the water together, but playing with stamps is probably more my speed, lol. Thanks so much for the chance to play, Michele, and for being a great friend!

conil said...

You even used my favorite stamp sets (we already knew that, didn't we???) to play with Cindy. Perfect to honor Nattional World Oceans Day and Cindy's last name. Made with your deft touch, excellent eye for color and a custom sentiment. Happy, happy card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele what a fun post with Cindy! I remember that you sent an image from that set with one of your 12 Kits packages. I love to watercolour with regular DI inks and I also love using DOx inks for watercolour, very different effect with vibrancy!

LeAnne said...

Super duper cute! And besides having an awesome last name, Cindy is an awesome pal! Love your little beachy girls!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous scene and love the beachy and post card vibes one gets. Well done. Off to check out Cindy's.

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card. I love your watercolouring style, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

I remember these little cutie patooties! Love the one with the towel on her head! Also love the postage dies you've added these little ones to. Adorable card, Michele. What a coinkydink that you found an ocean theme to play cards with Cindy!

Jules said...

Hi Michele

I have popped over from the Christmas Kickstart Challenge .. .. so pleased I did .. .. .. your blog is wonderful and so inspirational. Love it!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my card.

Loving the one you have posted here. These little characters look such fun and your layout and colour choices are brilliant.

Love Jules xx

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh...the memories you just evoked with these images. My mom took us to the beach every Wednesday when I was growing up. Back when Santa Monica was low key and didn't have a Ferris Wheel on the pier. LOL This could be my friend or I racing to jump into the cold water. Haha! Outstanding card, my friend!

Bonnie said...

Such fun cards that make me ready to pack up my bathing suit and head to the beach! I love that smile! Off to see Cindy's trip to the beach....

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOOO CUTE!! I just LOVE the images you used Michele and they look so perfect water colored! (I love using DI for water coloring too!!) Really loving the postage dies you used too...makes for such a FUN card and totally thinking about a day at Lake Michigan!! Well I'm off to see what Cindy did with this "beach" theme...I'm sure she won't disappoint either! Hugs. :0)

Birgit said...

Adorable!!! Your water coloring skills are top notch.

Bobby said...

When I saw the theme I just knew you'd use that stamp set, Michele. Nobody makes cards with that set like you do and this one is no exception. Such a fun card!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Hola, Michele! Wow, Michele, you are a rock star! What fabulous watercoloring! You rocked it! Such a beautiful and sweet card. I love it! I hope you have a great week! Marisela in San Antonio mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Linda Callahan said...

I adore Cindy Beach! You two play cards very well together! Perfect theme....sassy ladies....and a clever way to make the perfect sentiment! Totally fun card!

Barb Ghig said...

Postcards from the beach, for sure! I love using my DI's for watercoloring, too...super cute card, my friend!

TK said...

How fun! What a cute card, Michele, and even more fun that you got to create it with a friend. Your coloring is wonderful, and I love the beach scene

HilaryJane said...

I seem to be running a bit behind this week, never mind, I will get there in the end. I love the movement in those images and our great framing. Great way to add a sentiment too, wish I had once of those little machines. I really like the look xx

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant! I love the postage stamps! My only complaint... I wanna go on a beach holiday and your killin' me!

Mac Mable said...

Fun crafting with your friend Cindy and what fabulous images for your postcard summery and amazing card Michele x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun beachy card, Michele! Love the images and the way you watercolored them! The postage stamp-shaped panels definitely give the card a postcard from a beach feeling.
The Dymo might be old but the sentiment labels look so fresh and cool!
Hideko xx