Friday, June 25, 2021

Altenew Inspiration Challenge June 2021 take two!

 

I was so honored to be one of the winners of the May Inspiration Challenge!
Today, I'm using the set I chose for my prize for the June Inspiration Challenge!  I couldn't wait to say these words again:

With CISTUS like these, who needs brothers??!!


and just in case you don't 'get it' this gorgeous bloom is from 

There's that gorgeous 3D embossing folder Geo Steps  again.  I was easily able to 'stretch' it by slipping my card stock strip through the slot in the folder, and lining the diamonds up - easy peasy!  This over-sized Mega Friend die found the perfect sized home.  I like my slimline cards at 8.5 x 4 inches and have found a great 'policy' envelope that works just great for sending them.  

Time to start preparing for the weekend!  No plans yet, but I like to be ready for anything, don't you?  We're expecting up to 5 inches of rain - maybe I better get the canoe down?!  Or start filling sand bags?  Yikes!

Thanks for stopping by - it means so much to me!

=]  Michele

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the colors you used on this! Beautiful card! 5"... holy smokes. Maybe you should get the canoe down and sit in it just in case ;)

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous flower and card. Wow! I hope you don't float away, Michele. That's a lot of water coming your way. Fingers crossed that you pull through just fine. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

WOW! You spent your winnings wisely, Michele! What a lovely blue flower that pairs so well with the gold! Love that embossed background! Maybe you should have the canoe at the ready. Sounds like an inside weekend.

conil said...

Looks like Altenew is going to have to declare you the winner again. Both these die sets make for the perfect "friend" card. I adore this flower, cistus. The dry embossing looks pearly in your photo...a trick of the light. Just a gorgeous card.

HilaryJane said...

Those colours work so well together, I love this. I have a pink cistus flowering happily in my garden at the moment, but I love it in blue. You are right (as always) that embossing folder is pretty special. It will have to go on my wishlist xx

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful! Love the blue and brown! I have no cistus and no brothers…….but so happy I have friends who play cards….

Kim S said...

I love all of the amazing elements you put together. The flower done in that paper is lovely and what a great accent for the big "friend". The background is sets it all off beautifully! I really love this!!

Karren said...

Oooh I really like that Cistus die but have been trying to resist. This doesn't help my willpower - jusy sayin' :)

lostinpaper said...

oooh, lovely use of these colours my friend x

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is sooooo sweet. Love it.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colour combination and the slimline card design looks so pretty. The embossing folder is fabulous and so is your amazing card Michele x.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the embossing folder, and you have highlighted its wonderful design here. Love the gold color you used for your sentiments and the cornflower shade for the flower. They go together so beautifully.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!! Thanks for playing along in the Altenew June Inspiration Challenge!!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your win!! I am blown away with this stunner of a card, perfectly perfect!