Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Reverse Confetti - SFYTT #20

 
SFYTT20_Jan15
"Dear Reverse Confetti:
I readily admit to struggling with layers, and patterned paper. Your fantastic sketch should make creating easier, right?  Not when one is very literal... like me.  I really need to free myself up and just let the juices flow... which is just what I did today while making a birthday card for my grandson, Samuel! VOILA!"


A computer generated sentiment, some stamping, die cutting.. bibity, bobity, boo!

When you start with a great base, it really is [almost] a no-brainer! This time my starting off point was the Reverse Confetti
Love Notes then adding a simple starry circle cut with Circles 'n Scallops.  Adding a few other goodies I'd never used before, like the ticket?  Where has that little die been hiding?  A very old, never used Cuttlebug Disney collection die.

Happy 9th birthday, Sam!

Get it?  Popcorn... pop in?  Sam will, and he'll think I'm brilliant!!
Love that kid!

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Looks like a winner to me! Love your patterned paper choices and the way it all came together.

~amy~ said...

Yay for popcorn...one of my favorite snacks! Super clever and love the pops of green!

Kristie Goulet said...

You totally rocked this sketch, Michele! Sam is going to LOVE this card. I know I do! You used my favorite color and snack food. ;)

Brenda said...

What a fun card Michele! I love that background paper and the star paper, such fun paper!! I also love the black/white color scheme with a pop of color-very classy! You popcorn image is just too cute and I love, love your cute ticket! I love the cute sentiment, perfect clever sentiment. I think your grandson will love his card that was made just for him! Hugs, Brenda

Happy Dance said...

Awwww...! How cute is this??! I'm guessing your gs will completely adore this sweet card! Who doesn't love popcorn??! Perfect colors too. I'm waiting for my RC order to arrive...not that I don't have a "few" things already, but I "need" more. And I know that you know exactly what I mean!! Later, dudette! Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow miss a day and you have posted so much! Love your fun card for the sketch!

cm said...

Before I gush all over this awesome card, just hold on a second...YOU have a grandson? You're far, far, far toooo young! And, since you would't fudge about that, how lucky is that young man to have you as his grandma! Just thinking about that has planted one big smile on my face! I'm old enough to be a grandma, but no kids in my life, except for my niece and nephew. Anyway: love, love and love your card!! Now I want popcorn...
Hugs~c

Bobby said...

Sam thinks you're brilliant because you are. Yu did a great job putting the layers together, Nichele.

Sharron said...

Fabulous patterns and colors and I love the popcorn and sentiments! I'm sure your grandson will adore his card.

Anita in France said...

You nailed it, Michele ... wonderful colour and pattern combo, fab dimension and such a cool and punny sentiment ... of course Same thinks you're brilliant, my friend ... because you are! Anita :)

Rosemary said...

very cute and clever!

Kim Heggins said...

What a wonderful card...love the popcorn bucket and movie ticket, so sweet and just too much fun.