Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues #39

Another fabulous inspiration photo, this time from Cure for the Monday Blues #39:

 
I was drawn directly to the colors, I am such a lover of grey! I enjoyed my first attempt at making chalk-board-like cardstock, and a darling die-cut word from the one-and-only-darling, generous friend: Jacquie Southas!  I admired this card she submitted, and she immediately cut many of them [in three different colors!] and popped them into a sweet Christmas card. Here is what I made with two die cuts, stacked:
 
 
JOY indeed! Here is what I'd like you to know about this card... remember I didn't wrap any gifts this year?  I did use some to cover this card!!!  Yep... it's wrapping paper! I'm absolutely gaga for hounds-tooth - this paper went into my cart so fast the lady next to me nearly got light-sabre-d! Gild a tiny little heart, add some Reverse Confetti hearts, PTI ampersand, and W&W you + me stamps...voila!  My Joy of Jacquie card!!
 
Jacquie, I cannot thank you enough for being so generous, and so incredibly creative! You are definitely among those I consider my family of friends - I truly wouldn't dare do any of this without you...XOXO =]
 
 

11 comments:

Anita in France said...

Love how you've 'dressed' the joy die cut, Michele ... the gold and black detailing is just fabulous ... and wonderful against the houndstooth! Anita :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

I love that you found and used houndstooth wrap for your card panel. That Joy needs to get into my cart! Beautiful gold touches!

Brenda said...

Wow, that houndstooth is wrapping paper?!!! Where on earth did you get it and did you buy all they had?! lol I love it!! I love how you took all the beautiful colors from the inspirational photo and put them into your beautiful card. I am totally in love with this one! Oh alright, I am totally in love with all your cards. Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

OH my...you crack me up, what an amazing card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

That is some cool wrapping paper and a wonderful card!

Kristie Goulet said...

EEEK! Almost missed this one too!!! ACK! Glad I came back for a second look. Actually, I was putting together a blog post for tomorrow for CAS(E) this sketch! and needed to link to your blog. You inspired me for my card. ;) LOVE it!

Jacquie Southas said...

You are so sweet, Michele - love that you aren't waiting until next Christmas to use the die cuts!

cm said...

.....That's me, rendered speechless with your card. Your houndstooth wrapping paper = perfect background. The blinged up "joy"...classy and elegant. Crushing alllll over this!
Hugs~c

Kim K said...

Very elegant!

Taheerah said...

Oh my, *love* that graphic houndstooth wrapping paper, and that wonderful nestling of sentiments! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Joyce said...

Oh, that houndstooth does make a dramatic backdrop for your card. And the gold and die cuts look fantastic.