Thursday, January 29, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #108

The jitters might be easing up... just a few nerves still, but when I see these fabulous sketches?  Just like it has always been, I just want to play, play, play!!!  So let's go!

Here is our sketch this week, from Gayatri Murali [who doesn't want to CASE every one of her cards?]:

The first step, for me, is to copy/paste the sketch to a 4x6" scrap of paper and print it. Then I go down to the craft room and take a look at papers that might do for the stripe, panel, embellishment and sentiment. Since Donna, and Leigh, both told me I could do anything I want [and I'm still remembering being the baby of nine kids and constantly getting in trouble for the things my sibs said I could do!!] I really had fun with this one...
 
 
A really BIG bag of tricks went into the making of this card... seriously:
Pattern papers: MME Cut & Paste, phones; Kathy Davis Happiness love from GCDstudios.
Dies: MFT Die-namics Hybrid Camellia Flower - one section - for the bow tie, SSS Talk Bubbles 2.
Stamps:  BasicGrey Bitsy Stitches; and a brand new to me from Avery Elle: Happy Spring.
And yet another little leftover red heart!  I'm exhausted - to tired to link... let me know if you have any questions/I've forgotten any!
 
Thanks for stopping by!! I'll be excited to see your interpretation of CTS #108 sketch... be sure to check out what my fabulous teamies have shared - awesome!!! Can you believe we all get to play with these people?
 


13 comments:

Joyce said...

Fabulously awesome card. Yes, a big bag of tricks--really fantastic how you were able to combine so many different elements into one card--and a bit of humor too.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take on the sketch, Michele! Great use of all those papers.

I just created a card using this sketch. Will be posting tomorrow. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun, Michele! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

lostinpaper said...

AWEsome take on the sketch, looks like you had a total blast making this one!

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) love the sentiment on cloud !

Taunya Butler said...

SO this card totally and completely made me Smile and not just SMILE BIG but it made my heart happy too!!! Such cleverness and creativity is always to be had when I stop for a visit at your blog!!! Thanks for being a constant source of inspiration!!! Have a lovely day!!!

~amy~ said...

'ello!
Love your fun card Michele!

Bobby said...

You had me fooled. I thought you actually sewed on your card. This is delightful, Michele, as in "full of delight". Love your humor.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is amazing! I love your papers and that bow tie is WOW!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card...and all your fun details too.

Marybeth said...

Never would have thought to use that patterned paper ,but it's perfect! Love this card!

cm said...

You've certainly heeded well the 'do whatever you want' (youngest of 9...wow!) advice, and paired with your well-chosen bag of tricks, the results are are dazzling! Love the 'ello' with the wee heart, and the stitching...had me fooled! Crushing over this...
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

So. much. fun, Michele ... every little element is perfectly combined to make an amazing card ... 'ello ... fabulous! Anita :)