Sunday, January 25, 2015

LOVE is in the air - everywhere!

No doubt about it, Valentine's are my favorite next to Christmas cards!  Seems there are LOVE challenges just about everywhere - The Card Concept #27 is no exception:




Love, love, love my new technique for making truly beautiful dimensional wood grain cardstock... the best thing? Any color is possible! This one was made using my Darice embossing folder, soft stone cardstock from PTI, and a combination of Hero Arts white  and charcoal pigment inks.[Please excuse my awful stitching.. can I justify a new sewing machine for card stitching?] 

Even though the challenge used stacked letters, I'm thinking this one is one of those "more than words" cards that isn't just for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for stopping by - it always makes me smile...
 =]

17 comments:

donna mikasa said...

(Sigh!) No words are necessary. I see woodgrain and ombré were your inspiration as well!

Joyce said...

Another graphic stunner. I kind of like the wonky stitching myself, but would be happy to testify on your behalf to the budgeting committee regarding your need for a new sewing machine.

Cat Craig said...

Beauty.

~amy~ said...

pure perfection!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Michele ... luscious and scrumptious! Anita :)

Taunya Butler said...

I gasped in pleasure at this simply beautiful and heart touching card!! Oh, my - it is just beautiful and I am so glad I came by to see it!! Have as lovely a day as this card is!!!

Rubeena I. said...

so pretty!

Sharron said...

So beautifully CAS! No words necessary--the hearts say it all!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on the challenge, terrific card!

Kristie Goulet said...

AWESOME! No words are needed here! The hearts say it all. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele, this is fantastic. That woodgrain is so yummy and the ombre trio of hearts--swoon. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Michele...this has to be the winner. You have got that wood grain technique mastered and the stitched hearts...yes, More than Words :)

cm said...

Oh myyyy...you've translated the inspiration photo into a stunning card, with your lovely wood-grain background and oh-so-pretty hearts! I agree: the images say it all! Stunning!
Hugs~c

Jenni's Jems said...

Can see where the inspiration came from and think your stitching is fine in fact mighty fine,just like your card ! x

Bobby said...

There's not much I like more than old wood. Are you sharing that perfected technique? I love the card without a sentiment, Michele. It would just spoil your wonderful design.

janelle said...

Beautiful card! No sentiment necessary :)

Geri said...

OK.....i'm totally loving your card! Really no need for words! The stitched hearts and awesome background deserve all the attention! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CCC!