Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January's Sketch for You to Try

 
SFYTT20_Jan15
Reverse Confetti kindly sends out a reminder when there are only a few days left to their challenges... thank goodness!  I totally forgot to post one of the cards I made for this month. Layering is my nemesis so "to try" is key here...practice helps!  I really love RC, and am picking up a few stamp sets when I can.

For SFYTT#20:


I was able to use several pieces and parts that were left over from other projects.. always a good thing.  The Confetti Cut - Circles 'n Scallops is the star here accented by sentiments from You Make me Smile and a strip of hearts from Love Note.   My newest embossing folder from Stampin' Up helped repeat the polka dot theme I had going and also gives just the right amount of lift to the panel... hmmm?  Have I shared my little dimensional layering trick?  Another day...

I do love an opportunity to use that cute little smooch punch whenever I can...that makes me smile.
=]


17 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun card, love the sketch and wonderful choice of colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Michele this is such a sweet card, I love the bright red and yellow together! Those little lips are darling.

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet little valentine! Know exactly what you mean about RC products...LOVE them!!! That red and yellow together is perfect, btw!! So cute! And hey, we're neighbors in the gallery!!! How cool is that?! Bev

cm said...

I'm waiting for my RC order to arrive (everything seems to take 2-4 weeks to my little Alberta town...sighhh. Excitement mounting...hope it shows up soon, so I don't spill into anxiously waiting *grin*), so I'm experiencing special delight in seeing your showcase here! The red/yellow has me smiling, while the polka-dots make me extra happy! Love this!
Hugs~c

Taunya Butler said...

So - this is AWESOME!!! I love the polka dots theme and the whole card just made me smile BIG!! The colors and patterns all complement each other in such a good way!! Loving your little smooch punch as well!! Great idea to punch the heart from the white scalloped circle so that the paper showed through!!! Just so excellently!! Still would love a visit from you - think about it!!

Chriss Blagrave said...

This is another sweet and darling card. Colours, great layers, polka dots and that smooch :))

Brenda said...

Love this card Michele! The color combo is fabulous, love the embossing dots, and your little hearts. The sentiment is perfect! Hugs, Brenda

Sharron said...

Wow, such a happy card! Love the bright colors and adore the smile with lips in the corner!

~amy~ said...

awwww...what a fun card! I love the colors and the layering...it's awesome!

Kristie Goulet said...

Another awesome Michele card! Love the layers, colors and especially the smooch!!!

Marybeth said...

Fun little Valentine and I love the yellow!

Bobby said...

Polka dots and hearts. What a great combination, Michele.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your design is super cool - love how you combinde your different elements!!!

Lisa Elton said...

So super cute! Love the bright happy colors and those sweet polka dot hearts!

Joyce said...

Bright and happy and fun. That is what I think of when I see this card. Good for you for trying the layering. I struggle with that more than anything.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply fabulous...just fabulous! Love those bright and vivid colors, they just make me smile from ear to ear! I love it.

Anita in France said...

Those smoochy lips were the first thing that caught my eye and had me smiling at your card, Michele ... it's brilliant ... bold, vibrant and so darned fun! Anita :)