Thursday, January 22, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #107

Pleasure first, is my motto today!  [Though my card-making session for CTS#107 and N@ Ali's sketch could not be called business at all!]

I just want to take a moment to thank you all for your welcome, and all the congratulations sent my way last week. You couldn't know how honored, and humbled, I felt... Yes, it still feels like a dream!

Our sketch this week is a beauty, and so are the DT inspirations:

 
Since I'm the newbie, until I'm told I cannot, I decided to change the orientation of the card... I'm having one of those remembered "mom said" moments =/

I had a favorite die in mind when I saw the sketch that I wanted to play with again after so long.  Honestly, I don't have many flower dies! [Honest!!]

Here is my card - be prepared for second helpings... think Chrissy will mind?

 
I twice cut the SSS die, once from patterned paper from Heidi Swapp, and again from a scrap of Neenah white #110lb. card stock to replace it, offset just a bit for effect.  My sentiment is Technique Tuesday.

Hope you'll join us this week - I can't wait to see you all take this sketch and run with it!

Thanks N@ for the awesome sketch! Which makes the business of making a card a total pleasure! 

17 comments:

richardbreaks said...

I absolutely love this. The double white diecuts are genius.

Marybeth said...

Love your double die and this gorgeous card!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Michele! I've never been told I can't flip or rotate the sketch, so I don't think you have to worry.... ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh I love this Michele, what great die cuts!

cm said...

Oh my, Michele, stunning beauty after stunning beauty! Changing the orientation: excellent, especially since you've allowed those oh-so-lovely tall, slender flowers to play center stage. At the risk of being redundant: gorgeous!
Hugs~c

Bobby said...

What a great idea to offset the inlay, Michele. The patterned paper you used is a perfect background.

Unknown said...

Late again with my congratulations Michele! So thrilled that you are DTing with CTS! They certainly know talent when they see it! Yay YOU!!! Xxx

Chriss Blagrave said...

Loving your offset floral stalks Michele, great impact against the pretty patterned paper! Such a pretty sentiment and love the font. It looks handwritten :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Another beauty, Michele! Love how you offset the die.

Deepti said...

Cool effect !! the offsetting of the diecut looks awesome :)

Brenda said...

Oh Michele, I am loving this card!! I love that you turned the sketch, and your take on the sketch is fabulous. Love that die you used too!!! Hugs, Brenda

Kim Heggins said...

Michele...this is just so pretty. I love that beautiful green and the perfect sentiment.

Michelle said...

Michele, this is lovely! I love those little flowers! :-)

~amy~ said...

You're a super star...this is gorgeous! Can't wait to play along!

Anita in France said...

Those tall flowers are truly lovely, Michele ... so gorgeous against the green ... and wonderful slightly offset in white! Anita :)

Joyce said...

Golly, gosh. Another beauty. Surprise surprise. Is this your first week? Love love love this card. So delicate and gorgeous. That little bit of offset adds such a bit of subtle interest.

donna mikasa said...

Hey you! You can do whatevah you want! Love that you turned the sketch--great orientation for those tall flowers. Awesomesauce!!