Thursday, January 8, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #105

When I received an invitation from Chrissy to be a guest designer, you can imagine the honor, nerves and excitement I felt all in about 2 split seconds, right?  SO excited... thank you, Chrissy!

Though I was given several weeks to prepare, several cards came to mind when I saw Michelle Williams' [that would be Two-L's to me =] sketch:

 

But, then something wonderful happened.  You may have heard me tell about 'dreaming cards' well, this time it was Tom... yes, I may be rubbing off on him... after 20 years, it was bound to happen... he actually said:
 
 "I have a card for you, babe.  Life: it's about time!" 
 
I'm sure it has been used before, but I certainly didn't tell my sweet husband that ... for him, I'm using it again - my way.
 
For CAS(E) this Sketch #105, Michelle Williams, Chrissy, and Tom:
 
PTI dies clock face, and Hands of Time ; SSS Smoke cardstock; and a bit of scrap DP - if anyone recognizes that pink wood-grain paper - please tell me who makes it!!!  I love it and forgot to save the mfg. strip... ugh!
 
Thank you, so very much, Chrissy... it certainly has been my delight and honor to play along with all of you fabulous designers!


17 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh I love his idea and you translated it perfectly! Love all those fabulous die cuts.

Barb said...

What a cool card, Michele! Love it!

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous card. I found you from the CASE(E) this Sketch challenge. Love your blogs and am now a follower.

sandie said...

What a fab idea and I love the colours, congrats on the GD, you have I spires an idea, will let you know if it translate!!

Petra Swart said...

Hi Michelle!!!!!
I came to your blog via CTS and I'm so glad I did!!!! I spent some time looking at your beautiful cards and I'll definitely be back for more in future!!!
I love your CTS card!!! Beautiful colours and I love the stunning clock!!! Great interpretation of the sketch!!!
Have a lovely day!!!

donna mikasa said...

Yay! So exciting to have "one L Michele" on the blog today! Your take on the sketch is awesome as always! It's always a treat to see your fab takes on the sketch--you are so dang creative!!

Brenda said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Michele!! I can't think of anyone any more deserving than you! I love, love your card, even if it was your hubby's idea. I don't think I have rubbed off on my hubby and yes it has been over 20 years. lol It could be 50 years and I don't think I would rub off on him, so I think it is really cool that your hubby suggested it and your did it in your style, your way! Hugs, Brenda

Anita in France said...

Yay ... congratulations on your GD spot, Michele ... sooo well deserved! Kraft and white ... wonderful ... paired with just a touch of pink ... delicious ... and that die cut clock face ... amazing! Way to go, my friend (and Tom!)! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Congratulations Michele ! I saw ur card at CTS and had to drop by to tell you how much I love it, the tone on tone polka dot is a cool idea :)

Bobby said...

Wow! That's all I can say. Wow! You are getting very artsy, my friend. This is just stunning!

Michelle said...

Woo hoo! How lovely having you guesting with us this week! And you've knocked it out of the park with this fabulous card!

Hannelie said...

Wow! So beautiful Michele! So glad to have you joining us as GD this week!

~amy~ said...

Yay YOU!!!!!
Congrats on being the guestie...your card is absolutely WOW. Love the joint effort :)

Janet said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! I dropped my jaw. Stunning. Wonderful. One of those cards that is perfect just the way it is. Wow. Can you tell I'm impressed? I've never gushed like this in a comment. (Shaking my head to clear the awesome visual of the card.) I have struggled with that die and stamp set. It just felt too big. I will CASE this card forever and will use your design as a sketch. Signed...a new fan

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on being the guest designer at CTS! Your card is fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

sandie said...

Hi Michele, as promised I am here to thank you for inspiring my card for Case this sketch, your card bought my ideas together and naturally I gave you credit! It is no 15 in the gallery of you get chance to have a look, thank you, you are an inspiration x

cm said...

Give your husband an extra tight hug from me for sparking this amazing, gorgeous and oh-so-true statement! Congrats on your GD role - you have stepped up to the challenge with style and flair. In awe...
Hugs~c