Monday, July 22, 2024

White Cap Peonies!

Just a quick post between friends ... lots of photos between loads!  A new stencil arrived and as is my usual habit I 'had a play' right away!

Have you seen this gorgeous number from Altenew?  White Capped Peonies!  Yes, please!  First in warm colors... using the suggested inks from the set...


The look of fabric comes from SU's Subtle Texture.


Then stenciled again in bright playful reds - I see the FMS#635 sketch here... do you?



Do you see seersucker, too?  It's that Altenew Organic Linen embossing that does it!
A little tag holds my sentiment from The Stamp Market's 
class that I took a few years back. 


My next project was inspired by a sweet gal from Texas who visits her family in Michigan each Summer - I'm always grateful when I get a call saying, 'have you got time for me to come look at your cards?'  YES! is always my answer - even when the power is out!  THANKS, KAREN and NANCY!  And also, to my sister-in-law who always says, 'you should frame these!'  

These gorgeous Peonies [die cut] deserved a frame:


It's an 8x8 that I picked up at Home Goods!  I added an embossed piece of
MFT Grout grey and another of Cement grey.  The Peonies are popped up
for dimension and they still fit inside this shadow box frame!
The hardest part was photographing it without my reflection in the glass -
nobody wants to see that!

Okay, back to other SORTS of fun... have a great Monday!
=] Michele

23 comments:

LeAnne said...

They're all stunning! The embossing really gives them a different look...almost fabric-like! The colors are beautiful!

HilaryJane said...

How amazing are these? I love the effect of the embossed backgrounds and your die cuts look very special in that box frame. What an amazing gift that would make. Well done for getting a photo without any reflections too xx

Jen Timko said...

Serious wow cards! These are so pretty and I love the variations you get using the same foundation. Wonderful. Always happy to see you at FMS!

donna mikasa said...

Yes! I picked up the sub for the stencil set and it arrived but is just waiting to be inked. LOVE your rendition and the embossing over it adds so much to your cards--besides texture!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these flowers are amazing! So beautiful!

Jen Brum said...

Those cards are all so amazing! That flower is just gorgeous! Love it in all the different colours and background textures! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Marcia Hill said...

I was literally just looking at this stencil today (have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket!!)!! Your cards are all FABULOUS and I love that you framed the last one!! Your color combinations are all so pretty too! Beautiful post my friend!! 😊❤️

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! The image, the colors, the texture! The framing! Oh be still my heart! Well done 😍

TK said...

Gorgeous! Such great colors and the textures are very inviting -- wonderful cards, Michele!

Melissa Grant said...

Wow Michele! These are gorgeous!! Love the fabric like look by embossing and they are lovely enough to frame! Beautiful!

Kim S said...

You are absolutely the queen of stencils! These are amazing! Yes, I do see the sketch - and thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jeanne said...

Stunning!! In awe. Definitely frameworthy. So appreciate all you create and share. Picking up jaw now. Have a happy day!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing set of cards! The textured backgrounds give them such a special and unique look! Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooohhh, these are all so pretty! Loving the colors and your marvelous framed version!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a gorgeous stencil set. There's a whole lotta wowing going here! Your color choices are always amazing. I love the suggested ones from the set, but those reds are equally fabulous!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards, Michele! I like all the colorways you chose. A great idea to frame one, something I must try one day. THANKS so much for posting your art.

Bobby said...

All beautiful, Michele. My daughter talks about framing mine. That's why she doesn't like sentiments on them.

Bonnie said...

I hadn't seen this stencil and it's probably a good thing, Michele! Your have done it up beautifully in both colors! I love the added texture of the cards and it certainly deserves a frame!

lostinpaper said...

Ooh la la! LOVE every single one of your designs Michele... I am trying not to 'need' this set, but you already know I am not going to win, especially after your inspriation here!

Birgit said...

These are gorgeous, Michele! I can see why you had to break open those stencils and use them right away. They're so pretty and I love the colors you've used. The ef's add such rich texture too! Thanks so much for the sweet birthday wishes through happy mail. You're a dear and thoughtful friend.

Nance said...

Oh my goodness! That stencil is WOW! And you made it even more WOW! Has to go on my xmas list cause I blew my budget for rest of the year with my Betterpress goodies. LOL I love you framed one too.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, and your decor piece is stunning as well. Great job on the photography.

Vikki H said...

Oh, you hit the jackpot of ideas, inspiration, and crafting skills with these cards! I had to show them to Jim today as my poppy stencil set arrived in the mail. Love visiting your blog for a mood boost!