Friday, July 12, 2024

Penny Black Permission to Play #9

I'm going to be so sad to see this series end.  The PB&J series has been so fun and Permission to Play is such a freeing concept.

I have two more Christmas cards using the 9th sketch in their series:


An embossed HoneyBee Snowflake background, green frame made with W&W's Noelle frame
with a SB Stylish Oval cut from its center to pop in my water colored PB Sharing a Song.

Then before cleaning up, I stamped this cutie called Bauble Balance.
A friend asked me which inks I use for their skin - I find 
Distress inks Tea Dye with a blush of Tattered Rose work perfectly!

Richard Garay Pine bough embossing, frame made with W+9's Postage Layers dies,
with the center cut out using SB Postage Edge Ovals.

This little guy is heading over to Peace on Earth Christmas challenge #67!


My attempt to create a 'reflection' of the colors of his baubles may not be all that successful - but I can't imagine one of my seniors being unhappy to receive it!
I used TH watercolor paper here - though it is the 'whitest' it seems inferior to
me when compared to the Canson 140# cold press paper that I love so much!


This little cutie could make just about anyone eat those carrots!

PB Carrot Collector - Slapstick/Cling stamp on Canson 140# watercolor paper
Colored with Distress inks.  SB Little Messages Betterpress sentiment

The last in the series will come too soon!  Thanks for dropping by!
=] Michele

Thanks Peace on Earth for this honor!



15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow! These all look fantastic, Michele. I can well undertand that you want the series to continue. I admire your watercoloring skill. You bring the charm and delight of these images to life and I always smile when I see your watercolored cards. Thank you for sharing!

Birgit said...

These are all just as cute as can be! Love your water coloring!!

Bonnie said...

This is such a great sketch and you have used it in such fun ways! Thanks for the tip on skin tones. And for the sweet, beautifully colored, fun designs! Your seniors will be delighted, I'm sure!

Nance said...

I just saw Bonnie's xmas tree on her blog. Love your Christmas cards too with the pops of color against the white backdrops. I can just close my eyes and imagine "coolness"! And my Ellie would love those carrots in your last card. ;D

Vicki Dutcher said...

You are showcasing quite fabulously! 😊

TK said...

DARLING, just darling, I tell ya! All three are wonderful, the sketches prove to be winners but the star is the wee peoples in all their glory. Your coloring is magical as always

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of cuteness, Michele! Love the wee one singing along with her red bird friend and the coloring you did on it. That little elf is too darn cute. The final card has me smiling and thinking of my Sweet P. She's always been a good veggie eater, favors being barefoot (even in the dead of winter) and wore bibbed overalls in her last school picture!

HilaryJane said...

Definitely not fed up with these yet. They are all so cute. You can keep doing them for as long as you like. I will continue to enjoy them xx

Cat Craig said...

You've definitely gotten your moneys worth out of these fun stamps. Loved each and every one.

lostinpaper said...

I haven't tried the Canson, but I do enjoy Arches and the new Altenew one... but they are all on the expensive side, lucky we don't need much to make a card lol. And just when I got back into markers, now you want to make me get out my watercolours again!! LOVE them all!

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Michele...all 3 of these cards are just as CUTE as can be!! And your water coloring skills on all of them is FABULOUS! Cute, CUTE cards and I bet you were smiling the whole time while working on them! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

You have so many wonderful PB stamps, Michele. I probably have more that I think but mainly flowers. Your watercoloring is so vibrant and really brings the cute kids/elf to life.

Loll said...

Three adorable cards, Michele. Love each of those adorable images and the way you've coloured them. Great use of another fun sketch from Jill. xx

Linda Callahan said...

Your three kiddos are absolutely delightful and perfetcly colored!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Three more sweeter than sweet PB inspired cards. They are all wonderful, yur designs and coloring are fantastic. You have a nice bundle of Christmas joy through all of this1