Saturday, July 13, 2024

PB Permission to Play #10

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm sad to say I'm here with the final sketch of the wonderful PB&J Permission to Play series!  I've so loved getting my watercolor on with Jill's wonderful sketches and some old favorite Penny Black stamps!  Thanks for all the kindness you've left me! 

Ready for #10??

I only have a few of the PB florals but you know I had to have these 
darling tulips called Springride!


I definitely used Jill's technique of adding ink to my embossed card front.
This Postage Stamp die from Waffle Flower didn't have the 'frame'
so, I added a pencil line - allowing one little tulip to extend beyond
for a bit of interest.  The sentiment is from the first set I used in the series
called Peaceful Time.  The postage cancelation stamp is from The Greetery.


LOOK at that face!  This tutu cutie from Fairy Love HAD to be invited to Play!


This purple panel was embossed with an old favorite folder from Amy Tangerine
called Love Spun with a little swipe of Villainous Potion distress ink.
Why I made her Bee suit purple and yellow is beyond me, but I love it!
adding a bit of Stickles to her headgear and Wink of Stella to her wings.

Thank you, Penny Black and Jill, for this wonderful Permission to Play - I will be watching and waiting for your next series - hope it's soon!
=] Michele

14 comments:

LeAnne said...

Both are wonderful! That little fairy looks a bit ornery, but your florals are perfection!

HilaryJane said...

Both cards are wonderful. Love the postage stamp idea and the pencil frame. Using a coloured embossed background is a great way to finish them off too. The tulips is my favourite. It always has to be flowers for me. I hope we see some more water colouring from you soon xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty tulips and the wonderful embossed background! But I must say it's that little tutu cutie that has my heart today! So adorable!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your cards Michele. Love the embossed background with your tulips and the creative way you did the frame with one tulip sticking outside the frame. Love your second card with that sweet image, she is adorable and your coloring is perfect.

Marcia Hill said...

The tulips are gorgeous, but your little purple bee girl just melts my heart Michele! Beautiful water coloring and this whole series has been so fun to follow with you!! Loved every post!! ♥️

TK said...

Both are darling, Michele! Pretty tulips to make a heart sing, then your cutie tutu-y that makes my heart smile -- too sweet and just perfect for the finale!

Bobby said...

I don't know anyone who was as devoted to completing those designs as you, Michele. These images worked beautifully in the postage die and again the coloring is amazing.

Jeanne said...

This series was made for you, Michele! You've outdone yourself with all the gorgeous creations you have shared! I think the expression on your sweet girl's face could be yours as you worked your way through all the designs. Wonderful, wonderful work, my friend!

Bonnie said...

All of your cards with this series have been wonderful, Michele, and I believe you left the best for last! I love the inked embossing with those gorgeous tulips! And this tutu sweet fairy is a perfect match with the cross-stitch hearts in the background. Who could help but smile when seeing this delightful card?

Cat Craig said...

So cute and fun. I have thoroughly enjoyed your series.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

The tulips are very apropos and I LOVE the purple and yellow bee suit!

Loll said...

Lovely postage stamp cards Michele. Those tulips are beautiful and I love how you have them going past the edge with the beautiful embossed background. And your sweet little fairy looks like she's have so much fun ... love the expression on her face! You've made so many amazing cards using the sketches from Jill's video series. Great work! xx

lostinpaper said...

It's that Villainous swipe and that cheeky grin that has my heart today lol.

donna mikasa said...

I'm just going to comment here that I've enjoyed watching you play along with Jill. All of your PTP cards were so delightful and inspiring!