Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Not just another Monday!

You may know by now that Monday is laundry day 'round here ... not my least favorite chore but it does cut into my crafty time.  Yesterday, I decided to catch up with a few of my favorite designers between loads - and I'm SO glad I did!

Channin Pelletier just loves color - and you all know just how intimidated I am by color!  She has such a way with inks, ink blending, and always adds a little something extra to her cards.  Using the Honey Bee Stamps Daisy Layers set of stencils, she brought a 'no-line' stenciled piece to life just beautifully ... please watch her video HERE as I did.  I have unapologetically CASE'd her card ... and also borrowed her color combination for water coloring my first Spellbinders Betterpress Club plate!  Hope you like them!

Of course, my Waffle Flower Grip Mat made it so easy to hold those stencils in place!


This set of stencils has 5 layers!  Here are the inks I used for Channin's color combo today:


After all the stencil work was done, it was time to come in with
a few Copics to add the details to the petals as Channin did.  I used a Prisma colored pencil for the fine veining of the stems and leaves.  Those little details really 
make these daisies come alive, don't they?


There are a multitude of wonderful sentiments in this set - and most of them have 
a coordinating die.  I used these CP inks to stamp a few to have on hand:


A little Copic shadow around the images gives them a bit more lift. 
Lastly, a few PF jewels and my CASE was complete!


Now, did I mention these colors for water coloring?  Here is that Rose Bouquet!


Thank you, Channin!  For always inspiring me with your bold color choices and gorgeous designs!

Thank YOU, my friends, for the visit!
=] Michele

14 comments:

corysnana said...

Love your take on Channin's video. These Catherine Pooler ink choices arereally vibrant. Your pink flowers take center stage (in a good way)! Just beautiful!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Both of these cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Michele!! I am in love with the colors...never in a million years would I have thought on my own to put them together, but they work together just beautifully!! You aced this CASE my friend!! Hugs. :0)

lostinpaper said...

What a way to begin my day, you have made my heart happy Michelle! ps I adore Channin too!

Bobby said...

The pencil details really do bring those stenciled flowers to life, Michele. Beautiful card. As is the watercolored one. I put up peaches during my laundry loads.

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh... I could look at these for hours. Your first card is beyond gorgeous, my goodness! Beautifully done, Michele!

Bonnie said...

WOW! Gorgeous stenciled flowers and I love these bright colors, Michele! And you used blue! These colors worked beautifully for the pressed flower design too! Two gorgeous cards!

Jeanne said...

You should NOT be intimidated by color as even before this card, you have shown yourself to have a beautiful handle on it. This first card is absolutely stunning, Michele. The second card is lovely, but that first one is a showstopper! So happy you were inspired by your friend!

TK said...

Wow! You might be intimidated but your skills shine, Michele! Wonderful colors, so many little details that add so much punch -- just gorgeous!!

Leslie Miller said...

Gasp! There is so much beauty in this post I could just faint! My jaw is dropped and, oops, I think I drooled a little. Wow, Michele!

HilaryJane said...

These are just beautiful and I love the colours. Thanks for the link. I shall bookmark it to watch later xx

Brenda said...

Wow, loved that video and love your CAS Michele! I wouldn't have known it was a different card as you did such a fine job CASEing Channin's card! I thought the stenciled flowers/leaves were gorgeous on their own, but when she added the Copics to the mix, wow! It really made those flowers and leaves come to life! That color combo is just gorgeous on your Betterpress flowers...again you blow me away! Hugs, Brenda

Karren said...

You did a marvelous job with these bright and cheerful colours! The shadow really lifts the stenciling to another level!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I am a bright color lover.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, gorgeous stenciled flowers in bright colors, Michele! I love that you used the stencil off-the-edge in the corners! The way you placed the circle sentiment label of the watercolored card is so creative!
Hideko xx