Saturday, August 26, 2023

A PRESSING engagement!

It's Saturday!  While my hubby is mowing the lawn, I had time to take photos this morning of the Betterpress session I had on Friday!  This first one is a perfect fit for my friends at Triple B!  In fact, I might have been looking at their website while pencil-coloring this panel...


A sampling of the Triple B website background!

The 'tooth' of the Betterpress paper is perfect for pencil-coloring!


I really spoiled myself this month with a few new sets from Spellbinders Betterpress collection.  This beautiful sentiment is from their Sentiments of Wonder set.  I love the cursive font and the size is wonderful for the larger images that take up a bit more space on the card front.  Like this Butterfly Bouquet plate.  

I used a bit of distress ink and lots of water to add interest to the background then cut the panel with that old faithful Wonky Stitched Rectangle die from MFT... do they even make it anymore?

I couldn't resist the gorgeous offerings Spellbinders have for Christmas - Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge offered a beautiful color palette!



The detailed 'wreath' was first pressed in black, then I pressed
the separate sentiment using Brilliance Gold pigment ink.

Betterpress Holiday Foliage Joy - 
does not press the outline around the sentiment!  I added
that using a Copic Multiliner pen.

Okay.  There were many more pressings, but I'll save them for another day, and challenge!  

Happy Saturday, friends!  Thanks for spending a bit of your weekend with me!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Brenda said...

Speechless! Can't pick my jaw back up speechless! OMWord, these cards are stunning!! The colors, the coloring-again you don't do anything badly, everything turns to gold in your hands! I think you found your thing...besides cards that is. The Betterpress! I'm just blown away and loving these so much. I don't want a Betterpress, I don't want a Betterpress, I don't want a Betterpress................! Hugs, Brenda

lostinpaper said...

Wowsers! These are incredible Michele, you have inspired me to get colouring!! But first, I need to pop over and borrow those plates lol.

Jeanne said...

Amazing work my friend! So many beautiful colors that work just perfectly for the image. You are a master card maker. That's all there is to it!

HilaryJane said...

Both cards are beautiful and such lovely colouring too. the betterpress images are stunning. I am still resisting! xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both gorgeous cards. I am intrigues byt the Betterpress thing, though I am trying to just watch and learn from afar. Your Christmas card is so beautiful. Lovely desing and splendid coloring as always.

Bonnie said...

Two beauties, Michele! You are really going to town with the Better Press! Love how you've colored both and the elegant script of both sentiments!

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, beautiful Betterpress plates and your coloring is gorgeous! I know it's hard to photograph, but I can actually see some of the pressed effect in your pictures. These are amazing, Michele!

Marcia Hill said...

If I ever get my oooomph back, I definitely want to play with these new plates...both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS Michele!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I keep going back and forth to pick a favorite, but I can't ... they're both so PRETTY! You've got this Betterpress thing down!

Diane said...

Two beautiful cards and both colored in beautifully too. I just used my Betterpress for the first time yesterday and have a few dies already in my cart!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Triple B!
Diane POE and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Birgit said...

These are simply stunning Michele! Your artistic skills are blooming!!

Bobby said...

Your coloring is wonderful on both cards, Michele.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are gorgeous! meanwhile I have no clue what a Better Press is but you certainly rocked it!

Susan said...

Beautiful use of the colours in our mood board! Lovely card design. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS!!! Both cards are just BEAUTIFUL and I can't get over your pencil coloring ... it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B and Peace on Earth challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are stunning, Michele! You could be a Better Press Ambassador! ;-P The floral images look amazing colored with pencils and distress inks. I agree that the size of the sentiment of the first card is perfect! I like the style of the sentiment (combo of cursive and block) of the second card too.
Hideko xx