Thursday, August 24, 2023

Bird is the word!

Hello, friends!  Hope you've made it to Thursday without a hitch!  

I spent an entire afternoon with that SSS Kit [sorry no longer available] and still haven't used all the gorgeous bits and bobs from the bag of ephemera!  Grab a beverage as ba ba ba bird is the word for sure today [Lisa]!





Bonus!!  There were butterflies, too!!  This beauty deserves a closer look:



The black sentiment strips are those cut-apart ones.  The white lettering was bothering me
so I used a Copic to knock that white back a bit - looks good, right? BG10 for the win!

There is a lot of goodies in the Kit and it come with a beautiful stamp set but honestly, I only used it for this last card and the two little circle sentiments - don't get me wrong, I will use it.  But when all is said and done it was so fun spreading all that ephemera out and finding the best fits.  ALMOST like the 12 Kits of Occasions days!

The BEST news?  I found that ephemera pack at Scrapbook.com HERE and just saved you about $40!

Thanks for stopping by today!
=] Michele

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW! Thank you for waiting until this was out of stock to show all these gorgeous cuts, Michele. This certainly would have tempted me! I can't decide which card I like best. Fortunately I don't have to choose because all the birds, butterflies and backgrounds are fantastic! What great additions to your stash, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yes ma'am. the bird IS the word today! Wowee are these ever pretty, Michele! You must have been giddy playing with all of those goodies!

LeAnne said...

Wowza! I could sit and look at these ALL DAY LONG! Each one is pretty and special and fabulous in its own right! No favorites here, just ALL OF THEM!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You definitely made this kit SHINE with all that beautiful ephemera and cards Michele...I can't even pick a favorite!! Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL cards...every. single. one. of. them!!!!! Well done my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in bird paradise here! Ohhhh, such lovelies, and I know how much fun it is to spread out your craft goodies and just wallow in them. Figuratively wallow, of course. Your cards are all so beautiful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent bird cards! Seriously, awesome job!

lostinpaper said...

Aaaaarrrggh! Now, I'm not going to be able to get that song outta my head lol. I will have to dance it out at Zumba! Loving the bird cards sweetie!

Linda Callahan said...

It's like visiting a bird sanctuary here today! Beautiful cards!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Michele, you have done a most excellent job on these cards. They are simply beautiful. I love the colors and the elegant feel of each of them. So, so good!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Papa ooma mow mow, papa ooma mow mow!!!! These are all absolutely fabulous. Harbingers of the coming season.

HilaryJane said...

What a great showcase for that kit. I am loving all the birds xx

donna mikasa said...

That was such a great kit and you were lucky to own every single piece of ephemera and put it to such good use! Wonderful showcase of cards--and now we're all jealous because we missed it!

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow, you have made stunning cards from that ephemera pack Michele! I don't think you do anything bad at all my friend, everything turns to gold in your hands! I love each and every one of these cards, they are just stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what a wonderful collection of bird & butterfly cards, Michele! Your skill in making all these gorgeous cards AND using up most of the Kit is remarkable! I LOve the variety of your card designs. The ephemerals and design paper have a similar style, but each of your cards looks so fresh and different from each other. Absolutely adore every one of them!
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

I can imagine how much fun it was to spread everything out and then put it together in a card, Michele. You did a marvelous job with all the cards.

TK said...

Wow! Great use of all those beautiful things -- your cards are gorgeous and wonderfully put together