Wednesday, May 24, 2023

This land is your land - Just us Girls #680

Hello, my friends!  So happy you stopped by today - I've been a little quiet for the last few days but for good reason.  I've mentioned I have a granddaughter graduating high school his year.  The activities have begun: Baccalaureate, honors assembly, and tomorrow is her commencement ceremony.  So exciting!  

I haven't had much time for crafting, but a little reorganization in my studio called for revisiting a sweet little die [What the Doodle Map] with a few new-to-me mini sets from Altenew:


My flag, and fireworks are Altenew: Fireworks, and Giving Back.


I was really brave to heat emboss those fireworks directly onto my card base - just a little warping but not enough to worry about.  I didn't want to lose the CAS feel of my design, so I kept the 'night sky' blending around the fireworks.  What do you think?  

Of course, the flag needed to be grounded so I used a little silver thread wrapped around the die cut to glue the base and lifted the rest of the flag for dimension.  I love the movement of this stamp!  [CP Rockin' Red for the stripes, and The Stamp Market Navy for our flag's field of stars]

By now the girls at JUGS may have realized that I missed the deadline last week - Bobby's moodboard and photo for Just us Girls #680 sparked a detour before putting that little PTI die away - OH and I've added the stamping that comes with the map this time - love all those little details!


You'll find what sparked my playtime right away - I think!  My sentiment was based on 
that cool 't' on the cabinet.

I hope to be back to normal soon - as normal as I can possibly be, that is.  Summer is coming and there's work to be done outside.  I'll be back when I can and appreciate it so much when you have a spare moment in your own busy lives to stop by...

=] Michele

20 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

I bet you are soooo proud! Congrats to her. I love these cards! That die cut is set so perfectly on both cards and I love how different they are. Too great. Thanks for sharing.

Marcia Hill said...

CONGRATS to your granddaughter and have a blast celebrating with her!! Your cards are both wonderful and I'm especially loving that flag on the first card...it really does look like it's moving!! Welcome Summer...we deserve it!! Hugs. :0)

HilaryJane said...

It must be so nice to have seen your granddaughter grow up to be a fully fledged adult. Congratulations to her. Your cards are wonderful, love the flag xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very awesome patriotic cards! Love that blue one!

Jeanne said...

Such an exciting time for your family, Michele. Were your buttons bursting?? Your card here is fantastic. I love how CAS it is and all the elements you worked in. Thanks so much for sharing. Enjoy your family, butterflies and gardening. We'll be here whenever you can share. Crafty hugs!

Carol said...

Great map cards Michele! Hows did you make them again? I am not comprehending and they are just fabulous! Another great way to take our moodboard! So glad you shared with us at JUGS!

Lisa Elton said...

These are cute, Michele! That little flag sure does look like it's rippling in the wind. The cute details on the second map sure are fun and I like the soft background you gave it. It's always a joy to see you in the JUGs gallery! Enjoy celebrating the graduate ~ happy times XO

LeAnne said...

Both cards are fabulous, and congrats to that granddaughter! Lots of exciting times ahead!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like exciting times in your neck of the woods, my friend! I'm so glad you found some time to share these delightful cards with us. I LOVE that flag! The movement is wonderful and it's such a perfect size! Love how you've placed it on the white USA die cut. The stamping on the second card is fantastic and a perfect pick from Bobby's mood board! Enjoy the festivities!

Jeanne H said...

Congrats to your granddaughter and to you for making two wonderful cards. Love the great flag one in particular.

Bobby said...

The flag and fireworks with the silhouette map of the USA is truly a celebration of the 4th of July, Michele. The topigrahpical map is so fun and a great take on the map on the moodboard. The 'thanks' is perfect with it. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Cat Craig said...

Enjoy the graduation hullabaloo...such fun for those marking the milelstone and special when the grands can enjoy and join in too. Fab cards, Michele.

Ina G said...

Looooooving both cards Michele. You really nailed our Mood board challenge at JUGS. Thanks for adding to our gallery.

TK said...

Two wonderful cards, Michele, I love them both! I think you've used dthe mood board brilliantly

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, now this is very cool times 2! I was totally loving the crispness of your first card and then I saw the stamping on the second with the sentiment overlay. Love both! Congrats to the grad! I know it's a busy time.

lostinpaper said...

Exciting times my friend, we will still be here after the festivities lol. ps Great die and awesome cards!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love both of these cards so much. Of course, I went looking for what the doodle immediately, and no can find. I have a map die from SSS that will have to do... Love the flag, fireworks doodle map. Fabulous job on both of them.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh and picking up that red "t" with the kraft outline was brilliant!

Linda Callahan said...

Congrats to your granddaughter! Such an exciting time! Love your USA Cards!

Brenda said...

Well since I'm behind in my commenting....again....hopefully I haven't missed to much! I love, love, love this flag/USA/fireworks card! It is CAS and so gorgeous and of course anymore patriotic is right up my alley. I will be CASing this card is that is alright with you Michele! Congrats to your granddaughter on her graduations, such an exciting time, then excitement will come when she starts college! Your second card is so cool, I am loving this die of American and the stamp that goes with it. So fun, so cool! Hugs, Brenda