Hello, my friends! I'm happy to be Playing Cards with Friends again! My guest should be very familiar to you - I have admired Leslie Miller's gorgeous designs for years but in the last few years I feel like we've gotten to know each other a little bit better - you know how that goes, right? Blogging has a way of bringing us all together in one big happy family! I dream of visiting her in Oregon one day and playing cards for reals in her little corner of the paper crafting world!
Leslie is a master at creating scenes on her cards - Lavinia stamps are among her favorites... please do check them out over at Running with Scissors! Her DT work for the Double D Challenge is just one of the places she spreads her love of crafting.
Our playdate is all about the Honeybee today - not the stamp company, though they are most welcome - but this little guy...
Yes, today is World Bee Day and you can read all about it HERE. Let's just say our assignment is a honey...
Make a card that includes a honeybee!
Flowers are welcome, but not necessary!
Add a honeycomb, the color yellow, or black and yellow stripes.
Fun, right? Here's where the assignment took me... on my first try:
It's CAS. It's cute. It uses my latest embossing folder from Club Spellbinders,
and a sweet honeybee from HoneyBee Stamps! But then an 'old friend' found its way into my shopping cart, and sparked a card of a different color...
You'll see the bag is empty - and neither of us lost a filling so there's that
bit of good news! I just loved the BOLD graphics of their 'new look!'
- Some bright cardstocks in honey yellow and orange - don't ask... I'm quite sure they are from The Stamp Market, but they were both tucked in my stash unlabeled.
- A very old Gina Marie background die gave my bright orange card cover a bit of texture.
- Pigment Craft Co. provided the 'drippy' shape with a big leaf die.
- The Stamp Market's Hex Die Set for my honeycomb cut and sentiment.
- There's my friend from HoneyBee again - this time, stamped and fussy cut for a little pop of white.
- A good drizzle of Nuvo Crystal Drops on the 'honey' and my card is done!
One of these cards is buzzing over to Leslie right now - but I can't wait another moment to see how she brought our assignment to life! Let's go!
Thanks so very much, Leslie for Playing Cards! It was such fun I'll just keep dreaming about playing for real one day!